"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Finally some action from my Tolbunt eggs :yesss: 4 Hatched in the night, I missed them all but great to wake up to this morning :woot

Some don't have as much white as I would like for the Tolbunt colouring but we will see what they are like later.

4 out 10 to go :pop

So set my eggs on Sunday.

8 wellsummer
6 deleware
23 olive eggers (don't ask, lol)
8 morans
8 Amerucanas
18 white silkies
1 random silkie

72 eggs...want to keep 6-10 hens. How is that for chicken math???

So far so good on the bator temps. Not sure how I'm going to handle this many chicks if this hatch goes well, lol.

Now that sounds like a fun incubator!!!!!

Here is my crazy mix
1f60a.png
Not a spare but of room in the bator! But I will assume since they are from a few different places I will inevitably have some clears by day 10 so I expect a little space will open up. (Hopefully not too many clears!)

Grr why won't my phone let me upload pictures
1f621.png

HOW to POST PICs from a CELL PHONE / AP or browser see starting at post #1208

Posting pictures from Cell/mobile HERE

Quote: they loose weight harder than white or tan eggs sometimes, esp Legbar

So.. I candled the eggs in the LG again, I've been feeling sick about it ever since that thermometer read 105. YES there are a few with bloodlines, many seem like they were clears or never started but there are actually quite a few that have little dancing baby chickens inside!!! I am so excited!
I am glad you havev some dancing!!! not sure when I will check my bator and see how many I killed when it was unplugged all night and down to 68 ughhhh

One of the 3 broodys i was just complaining about got up tonight to roost with everybody else. I have been taking eggs out from under her at night, but there were still 30 eggs in the nest. I wouldnt have wanted to sit on that either. I left the 7 i wanted her to have in and stuck her back on the nest. She was too asleep to complain. Hope she sticks. She had been sitting for 3 days.
fl.gif

Hatched my first batch of eggs this week. I set 12 Ameraucana that I had shipped in from N.H. and 6 from my mixed flock. So far I have 10 out of the 18 that have hatched.
Which as a first timer I think is doing o.k.
clap.gif
you did well!!! yes!!! congrats!!! got pictures?

wee.gif

One of my 2 lavender cuckoo D'anvers pipped! Yay!

Hoping for more!
fl.gif

Finally some action from my Tolbunt eggs
yesss.gif
4 Hatched in the night, I missed them all but great to wake up to this morning
woot.gif

Some don't have as much white as I would like for the Tolbunt colouring but we will see what they are like later.

4 out 10 to go
pop.gif
oh YORK!!!! how pretty!!!!!! Congrats!!! update please!!

Here is my crazy mix
1f60a.png
Not a spare but of room in the bator! But I will assume since they are from a few different places I will inevitably have some clears by day 10 so I expect a little space will open up. (Hopefully not too many clears!)
beautiful crazy mix!!

Back
Top Bottom