"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Candled both incubators of chicken eggs the other night... Incubator one seems right on target and should be hatching next week. (circulated air farm innovators model) and Incubator two seems a bit delayed but that was when I realized the temps were running lower than I thought they were... I was having a hard time keeping them at 99.5 an then realized they should be higher because that incubator is still air...It is my 3rd year doing a spring hatch you'd think I'd know better. Still holding my breath that they are just delayed and not killed off :(

My friend called and said she has some turkey eggs for me to pick up today, I might just have to buy another incubator because I can't pass this opportunity to try hatching turkeys up.
lau.gif

Candled both incubators of chicken eggs the other night... Incubator one seems right on target and should be hatching next week. (circulated air farm innovators model) and Incubator two seems a bit delayed but that was when I realized the temps were running lower than I thought they were... I was having a hard time keeping them at 99.5 an then realized they should be higher because that incubator is still air...It is my 3rd year doing a spring hatch you'd think I'd know better. Still holding my breath that they are just delayed and not killed off :(

My friend called and said she has some turkey eggs for me to pick up today, I might just have to buy another incubator because I can't pass this opportunity to try hatching turkeys up.
lau.gif

They should just be delayed.

Quote:
goodpost.gif
Great answer Banti!
Quote: I love my broodies, they make hatching so easy
1f49c.png

Yes they do!
thumbsup.gif

I think the thermometer is wrong.
Calibrate it.

So.. I candled the eggs in the LG again, I've been feeling sick about it ever since that thermometer read 105. YES there are a few with bloodlines, many seem like they were clears or never started but there are actually quite a few that have little dancing baby chickens inside!!! I am so excited!
Glad you are seeing some movement!
yesss.gif

One of the 3 broodys i was just complaining about got up tonight to roost with everybody else. I have been taking eggs out from under her at night, but there were still 30 eggs in the nest. I wouldnt have wanted to sit on that either. I left the 7 i wanted her to have in and stuck her back on the nest. She was too asleep to complain. Hope she sticks. She had been sitting for 3 days.
I hope she sticks too.
fl.gif

Hatched my first batch of eggs this week. I set 12 Ameraucana that I had shipped in from N.H. and 6 from my mixed flock. So far I have 10 out of the 18 that have hatched.
Which as a first timer I think is doing o.k.
Congratulations!

wee.gif

One of my 2 lavender cuckoo D'anvers pipped! Yay!

Hoping for more!
woot.gif

Finally some action from my Tolbunt eggs
yesss.gif
4 Hatched in the night, I missed them all but great to wake up to this morning
woot.gif

Some don't have as much white as I would like for the Tolbunt colouring but we will see what they are like later.

4 out 10 to go
pop.gif
woot.gif

Here is my crazy mix
1f60a.png
Not a spare but of room in the bator! But I will assume since they are from a few different places I will inevitably have some clears by day 10 so I expect a little space will open up. (Hopefully not too many clears!)
Pretty mix.

# 6 just starting zip
jumpy.gif
yesss.gif

Woke up this morning to the sound of tiny cheeps and one visible pip. Eggscited and very nervous. My last hatch went to this point and then total failure. Fingers crossed. T and Humidity holding steady.
Great news!

lau.gif
Yes, hatch the turkey eggs!

Back
Top Bottom