"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

REMINDER Most of us have moved over here now.......
bun.gif

Land of the Free

Because of the brave!

May 2016 Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by, Mike & Sally

x4pBI1yPsT5GRgmRIpLgZ4PL-mxQQN4GohCMuDHqCThEYQR_Aohiq98SBT1dE7fx2K--f8IIqzORlUqjEgcyn1tbObBWN3_r6sZ94j__8u5h9DNUxiF5b7Od-OfH9pl8IuMmN9CO

Have Eggs in the incubator/s or under hens

ANYTIME

in MAY, 2016 to join us!
lau.gif

Lee survived! Yay!
celebrate.gif

Latte ended up passing from blood loss (and possible malpositioning), but Take and Lee both made it out and Take is happily tucked under his mother with Aviator.

Lee was an assisted hatch with bad blood loss, spent half the night with me keeping warm and then when I introduced him to his mother he got so cold he was stiff and barely breathing or moving at all. He was on his side, covered in dust. I breathed on him until I got him inside then put him under the warm water in the faucet. He began heavily breathing, kicking his feet, and then chirping. He is now happily (and noisely) tucked under my shirt. He'll stay inside for the night until he is strong enough to keep up with his mom (Pip) and two siblings (Take and Aviator).

I also have five broody hens, with four nest boxes being taken up. Two are standard chickens (Wild Thing and Scarlet) the others are bantams (Possability, Princess and Dodie). I hope things aren't too chaotic, seeing as how the eggs are already starting to get soiled and broken by the constant shifting of hens trying to lay in the nests of the broodies.

Lee survived! Yay!
celebrate.gif

Latte ended up passing from blood loss (and possible malpositioning), but Take and Lee both made it out and Take is happily tucked under his mother with Aviator.

Lee was an assisted hatch with bad blood loss, spent half the night with me keeping warm and then when I introduced him to his mother he got so cold he was stiff and barely breathing or moving at all. He was on his side, covered in dust. I breathed on him until I got him inside then put him under the warm water in the faucet. He began heavily breathing, kicking his feet, and then chirping. He is now happily (and noisely) tucked under my shirt. He'll stay inside for the night until he is strong enough to keep up with his mom (Pip) and two siblings (Take and Aviator).

I also have five broody hens, with four nest boxes being taken up. Two are standard chickens (Wild Thing and Scarlet) the others are bantams (Possability, Princess and Dodie). I hope things aren't too chaotic, seeing as how the eggs are already starting to get soiled and broken by the constant shifting of hens trying to lay in the nests of the broodies.
wee.gif

Came home from school to this!!!
woot.gif

Lee survived! Yay!
celebrate.gif

I'm glad Lee survived!

Back
Top Bottom