"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Some chick pics from the photo op I just did....
love.gif

-Banti
Your chicks are so cute! What breed are they?

Quote:
thats what I herd!!! snickers..... 17 babies omgerd no I am thinking two females 2 TWO thats it!!! and there is no goat math is there?
Heck yes there is !
OH NO!!!!! like Springer math!!!!!
I have no more room on my bed Mike!

Quote: I will see how many I get through the weekend for you, if there is enough I will get them to you, message me with your info and phone if you want them held at post office. I also would love to know the going rate if you have looked around, I will do better on them for you Ty.

AVAILABLE to SHIP
CCL ~ legbars
Sapphires very very light grey/blue egg
Olive Eggers from Cuckoo Marans under Legbar roo so they should be pretty and barred too
Crested Barred Rock Projects that are under a legbar roo right now to get even bluer eggs post #36768
Dark cornish bantams

serama I am still having fert issues, only half are fertile so the new tinys still are not able to fertilize the hens.
Brahmas I cant sell right now, I need to hatch them

BELOW PROJECT "Crested Barred ROCK"
lay blue/green eggs = eggs below..... they get greener as they age
project is getting a pretty unique bird,
Jumbo COLORED layer eggs
hens lay as well as leghorns,
fast growing Roos for meaties,

LL
LL

LL
LL

Sapphires

Dark Cornish Bantams

Last edited:
Quote:
thats what I herd!!! snickers..... 17 babies omgerd no I am thinking two females 2 TWO thats it!!! and there is no goat math is there?
Heck yes there is !

Quote: I will see how many I get through the weekend for you, if there is enough I will get them to you, message me with your info and phone if you want them held at post office. I also would love to know the going rate if you have looked around, I will do better on them for you Ty.

AVAILABLE to SHIP
CCL ~ legbars
Olive Eggers from Cuckoo Marans under Legbar roo so they should be pretty and barred too
Crested Barred Rock Projects that are under a legbar roo right now to get even bluer eggs post #36768
Dark cornish bantams

serama I am still having fert issues, only half are fertile so the new tinys still are not able to fertilize the hens.
Brahmas I cant sell right now, I need to hatch them

BELOW PROJECT "Crested Barred ROCK"
lay blue/green eggs = eggs below..... they get greener as they age
project is getting a pretty unique bird,
Jumbo COLORED layer eggs
hens lay as well as leghorns,
fast growing Roos for meaties,

LL
LL

LL
LL

Sapphires

Dark Cornish Bantams

Sally, we keep our goats outside in a barn. They don't need room on your bed.
lau.gif

Love your flocks, projects, and colored eggs!
love.gif

I will see how many I get through the weekend for you, if there is enough I will get them to you, message me with your info and phone if you want them held at post office. I also would love to know the going rate if you have looked around, I will do better on them for you Ty.

AVAILABLE to SHIP
CCL ~ legbars
Dark cornish bantams
Mornin, Sunshine!
frow.gif

Hi everyone! Ok, so I'm in too! Just pulled out the bator, cleaned it, and fired it up. Waiting for the temps to stabilize before I put them all in tomorrow. So excited!! Woo-hoo!
wee.gif

Just have a variety of BCMs, Welsummers, and Olive Egger's. Prolly more Olives - can't wait to see what hatches.
WELCOME EMILY is in THE HOUSE!!!!! !!!!! Great to have you with us !!

How do I join?! I'll be putting more eggs in the first of April
You just did!!!! WELCOME!!!! what are you going to set?

Quote: oh my!!!

I like your Avy Mike! looks inviting! I bet there is an amazing view from it too

Hi all,

I just got my hatching eggs in the mail today! This will be my second hatch; I hatched for the first time last October when I had 2 hens go broody. This time my hens are not cooperating so it looks like I'll be hatching in the incubator.

I will be setting Orpington eggs from Papa's Poultry again. I just sold my cockerel a couple of weeks ago & he had just been starting to mate the hens so I might throw in a couple of my hens' eggs as well & see if anything hatches. Those would be half lemon cuckoo Orp and half bbs bantam Orp if any hatch. Now that I think of it I should probably check a few & see if they look fertile.

I will be setting them in a few days so they should probably hatch out around the first week of April. I am looking forward to hatching again & to learning from all the helpful experienced people here. :)
YAYYAYYAY!!!!!!!! Glad you with us!!!! I so hope the orphs do well!! Papas is awesome as we know!!
your all calibrated and ready to go?
How were the air cells? I got a lot of things notes in better order for everyone to understand!
Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845

York!!! what do you think should I go buy them? I am picky though

I really like nubians ears though
hmm.png
I always wanted two whethers just fer so lmao!!! And then there are those bigger ones cant remember the type, with the real sleek strong look with the roundish spots! but those cost a fortune!

Back
Top Bottom