"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Hey im looking for a confirmation on my lock down. I looked at my calendar and I actually set the eggs on March 31st in the evening. sorry I said the 1st in the last post. So hatch should be the 20th? And lock down should be on the 18th? Right or wrong?

lock on the 18th yes, and 21 days to hatch.... did you calibrate thermo hygros? you know that humidity is not a set number?

EDIT I was Reading tooo fast, you set in the eve so count the next day as your full day or lockdown end of 18th eve or morning of 19th

Last edited:
Quote: Oh crud you are right! I missed the evening!!
highfive.gif

Hiya Sally....
hugs.gif
frow.gif

frow.gif

Quote: oh neat!!! That would be cool!! or two females would be nice!
Quote: LOL

So I have a goose egg with an internal pip. I have had bad luck with them so far. How long before they usually hatch.

I am not sure what kind it is. It is either out of my Sebastopols or Africans.
Mine are africans and I have no clue on timing to be honest, CH was longer from internal to external than mine.

Quote:
you know I will!!!
Quote: LOWERING TEMPS lockdown IS NOT NECESSARY but is said to AID THE HATCHING PROCESS post #2898

:frow
oh neat!!!    That would be cool!!  or two females would be nice! 
LOL 

Mine are africans and I have no clue on timing to be honest, CH was longer from internal to external than mine. 

you know I will!!!
[COLOR=008080]LOWERING TEMPS lockdown IS NOT NECESSARY but is said to AID THE HATCHING PROCESS[/COLOR]  post #2898

I turned it down at the start of this new batch because the first batch were 2 days early.

Last edited:
Hiya Sally....
hugs.gif
frow.gif
I though tyou was chaos!! lmao!!!
hi sweets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachickie

April 2 hatch: 11 of 12 Guinea Fowl
big_smile.png

Due 4/4 Silkies, Olive Eggers and Mutts
Due 4/16 Gold Laced Orps, Silkies, Olive Eggers, and Bourbon Red turkeys
Due 4/22 Gold Laced Orps, Silkies & Olive Eggers
4/29 ? ... still plotting
wink.png
awwwwww CONGRATS!!!!!! what color guinea?
Whatever colors happen when you let lavendars, pearls and whites run around together
lau.gif

lol!!!!

I put a batch of eggs in the incubator on Friday and it will be interesting to see what I get. I put six eggs in from a friend at work who has a mixed flock of various kinds. Out of curiosity, I put in a few of my own as well since I have been suspecting that my sultans are actually roosters despite the fact that neither have been seen or heard crowing. They do tend to behave rooish and I've collected a couple of fertile eggs. So here is to a good hatch. I tried to hatch out turkeys last month but didn't get a single one so instead this month I'm going with chickens.
fl.gif

I put a batch of eggs in the incubator on Friday and it will be interesting to see what I get.  I put six eggs in from a friend at work who has a mixed flock of various kinds.  Out of curiosity, I put in a few of my own as well since I have been suspecting that my sultans are actually roosters despite the fact that neither have been seen or heard crowing.  They do tend to behave rooish and I've collected a couple of fertile eggs.  So here is to a good hatch.  I tried to hatch out turkeys last month but didn't get a single one so instead this month I'm going with chickens.  :fl

Hope all works.

Sorry your turkeys didn't make it.

:fl

Back
Top Bottom