"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

So last night I was doing a few repairs to some of the runs. Cause we had serious wind. And my mom came to help me. Well her favorite rooster she picked out and named who's been aggresive. Attacks me in the back of the leg while I'm on the ladder. I have tried to rehabilitate him cause my mom loved him so much. But when my mom saw him hit me she grabbed a stick and chased him he got away from her rage lol. But he's had a stay of execution cause I'm a mommas boy and she told me to leave him alone. And where I'm from when your mom gives you a order you don't disagree even though I'm 32. She lives about 5 min from me and keeps her chickens here so I can take care of them easier for her. She comes over all the time and brings them treats they love to see her. But after last night she finally gave me the ok. She said send that bad rooster to the chopping block. So after this mourning I won't have to walk around my own property with a stick. Merlin is going to the freezer unfortunately. I don't get it we feed him house him give him treats he just doesn't care. Sometimes there's no saving a bad Roo. Especially since I have other Roos that are great with the hens and people. It's a bitter sweet day I guess. But I can't help but to be some what sad for the poor guy. I just heard him crow while I was having coffee. Well just venting sorry guys/gals.

So last night I was doing a few repairs to some of the runs. Cause we had serious wind. And my mom came to help me. Well her favorite rooster she picked out and named who's been aggresive. Attacks me in the back of the leg while I'm on the ladder. I have tried to rehabilitate him cause my mom loved him so much. But when my mom saw him hit me she grabbed a stick and chased him he got away from her rage lol. But he's had a stay of execution cause I'm a mommas boy and she told me to leave him alone. And where I'm from when your mom gives you a order you don't disagree even though I'm 32. She lives about 5 min from me and keeps her chickens here so I can take care of them easier for her. She comes over all the time and brings them treats they love to see her. But after last night she finally gave me the ok. She said send that bad rooster to the chopping block. So after this mourning I won't have to walk around my own property with a stick. Merlin is going to the freezer unfortunately. I don't get it we feed him house him give him treats he just doesn't care. Sometimes there's no saving a bad Roo. Especially since I have other Roos that are great with the hens and people. It's a bitter sweet day I guess. But I can't help but to be some what sad for the poor guy. I just heard him crow while I was having coffee. Well just venting sorry guys/gals.

I'm sorry to hear about your rooster. That is always a very difficult situation. Hang in there.

Is there a way to easily search the Buy/Sell/Trade forum? I would really like to search for eggs or chicks in my area. But there are so many to weed through.

Couldnt resist. Added 1 more. 25 in total.
clap.gif

Quote: I only have Sweetgrass turkeys. have 12 pouts . But chickens are another story.
wheaten marans 8
wheaten amerucana 12
crested cream legbars 20
white marans 6
cochin bantams lots
salmon fave role 3
crested cream legbar/cuckoo marans 1st and second generation most lay green eggs 1 dosen"t but she cute
Partridge Brahmas
1/2 naked neck/Brahma fun cross great foragers
I do have some brown leghorns for egg color contrast. I don't hatch them. Sold them all off. These girl hid when the buyer was here...
Misc marans crosses that do pasture maintenance and lay pretty eggs...I think that is all.. Totally out of my mind. If you don't believe me just ask my adult kids. LOL
I loveSweetgrass Turkeys .
love.gif

Finally found a chance to SET THE EGGS tonight!!!
I didn't get to set as May as I wanted due to being tied up with all the illnesses going on in this house
1f637.png

BUT...I still got to set 24...
8 Salmon Faverolle
8 Welsummer
8 of our own barnyard mixes

1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f60a.png
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f60a.png
Some are better than none, right?!
1f602.png
1f602.png
I'm glad you got your eggs set. I hope everyone is feeling better!

Officially waiting for pips. Any pip. Two pips? Come on pips. Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif
I hope you got some over night!

It sounds like it's time for that rooster to go.

We have babies
jumpy.gif
5 eggs made it and 4 were hatched that I could see. Took most of the day to determine that the 3 CCL eggs hatched - had to wait until we could see 3 little chipmunk heads poking out from under the broody to be sure
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom