"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Quote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm letting my pigeons sit on 1 more egg, my mom is already calling it Rat-trece
tongue.png
and they have 2 babies at the moment. Also I have to get some bantam chocolate chickens too (probably seramas) to breed with my d'anvers, but haven't mentioned that to my family yet...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm letting my pigeons sit on 1 more egg, my mom is already calling it Rat-trece :p and they have 2 babies at the moment. Also I have to get some bantam chocolate chickens too (probably seramas) to breed with my d'anvers, but haven't mentioned that to my family yet...

:eek:

I really want some Rhode island reds. Anyone selling. Would love a rooster....

@RIR-YELLOWLEGS had eggs, don't know if they do now. Worth a try!
I just accidentally won an ebay auction for some d'anver bantam eggs :oops: . I bid in the last 1 second to see if that would work (nobody else had bid yet so it was cheap)... and it did work :p . It was an auction for 8+, also my mom and brother really want me to get some more call duck eggs (enablers! :lol: ) so I might get more of those... plus 10 out of 12 chocolate orpington/cream legbar mix eggs I got (shipped eggs) are developing, and it looks like 6 out of 7 of my silver/choc ameracauna eggs are developing too. There are also the 5 silver quail eggs developing and 6 eggs from my ducks in the incubator too :lau

I have a problem :D

:lau :thumbsup :highfive:
Hello there and yes I still am getting you have to give me some time to save ya a clutch if you ate still interested a lady purchased all I had today but one dozen and it also depends on where ya at I live in Fayetteville GA.

I really want some Rhode island reds. Anyone selling. Would love a rooster....
If you want heritage RIR, cmom is shipping eggs now.

I usually keep my incubators in the basement too.
I keep my brooders in the basement. Both of my incubators are within a few feet of where I am sitting right now. I love to hear the hum, and frequent checks of temp and RH are much easier if I have them nearby. Once the eggs hatch and the chicks start chirping up a storm, then they get banished to the dungeon... err... basement.

Tomorrow evening is officially day 7 candling for candling all 30 eggs, but I couldn't resist the temptation to get a preview of what's to come. I candled 5 random eggs this afternoon, and found 1 clear, 1 that appears to have a blood ring, and 3 viable embryos. Not good pics, but these are the 3 progressing eggs...

If you want heritage RIR, cmom is shipping eggs now.

I keep my brooders in the basement. Both of my incubators are within a few feet of where I am sitting right now. I love to hear the hum, and frequent checks of temp and RH are much easier if I have them nearby. Once the eggs hatch and the chicks start chirping up a storm, then they get banished to the dungeon... err... basement.

Tomorrow evening is officially day 7 candling for candling all 30 eggs, but I couldn't resist the temptation to get a preview of what's to come. I candled 5 random eggs this afternoon, and found 1 clear, 1 that appears to have a blood ring, and 3 viable embryos. Not good pics, but these are the 3 progressing eggs...

I live in Texas. What's a basement?
hide.gif

If you want heritage RIR, cmom is shipping eggs now. I keep my brooders in the basement. Both of my incubators are within a few feet of where I am sitting right now. I love to hear the hum, and frequent checks of temp and RH are much easier if I have them nearby. Once the eggs hatch and the chicks start chirping up a storm, then they get banished to the dungeon... err... basement. Tomorrow evening is officially day 7 candling for candling all 30 eggs, but I couldn't resist the temptation to get a preview of what's to come. I candled 5 random eggs this afternoon, and found 1 clear, 1 that appears to have a blood ring, and 3 viable embryos. Not good pics, but these are the 3 progressing eggs...
I live in Texas. What's a basement? :oops:
I let someone else answer what a basement lol !And the RIR question c- mom has some of the best !

If you want heritage RIR, cmom is shipping eggs now. I keep my brooders in the basement. Both of my incubators are within a few feet of where I am sitting right now. I love to hear the hum, and frequent checks of temp and RH are much easier if I have them nearby. Once the eggs hatch and the chicks start chirping up a storm, then they get banished to the dungeon... err... basement. Tomorrow evening is officially day 7 candling for candling all 30 eggs, but I couldn't resist the temptation to get a preview of what's to come. I candled 5 random eggs this afternoon, and found 1 clear, 1 that appears to have a blood ring, and 3 viable embryos. Not good pics, but these are the 3 progressing eggs...
Bators upstairs in dining room and brooders are downstairs for newborns and in the garage for those that are older. :weee for the veining

Problem or role model?
lol.png

It is true when you bid on eggs, you might win, even accidentally.
lol.png
Yup. But for sure glad I got them, cause I have wanted that kind for so long (even though I want every kind
tongue.png
) but now I want to breed the chocolate gene into them and seems like bantams and orpingtons would be hard to cross
roll.png
. So that means I need to get more chickens!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom