"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Came home to find this baby hatched in the bator... I addressed the curled toe on one foot and he is walking around great but it looks like the yolk dodnt absorb all the way... Will that absorb or shrivel up??

So far 10 chicks have hatched. One passed shortly after hatching. Chicks 11 and 12 have pipped, but haven't started zipping yet.

Chick 11 has me a bit concerned. There is a toe coming out of the pip hole! Can this chick get out on its own or am I going to have to assist?

Last edited:
Tonight's the night the chicks are due! I see one trying to pip(I candled it) and the first summer lightning storm is just reaching us, ahh I may not sleep for fear of losing power
1f615.png

Tonight's the night the chicks are due! I see one trying to pip(I candled it) and the first summer lightning storm is just reaching us, ahh I may not sleep for fear of losing power
1f615.png

We had a storm hit here this afternoon. Thankfully, the power only flashed a time or two, but never went out. Hope all goes well for you.

Last edited:
Two hatched,third zipped,fourth never piped inner membrane.
Two that hatched are fighting with all they got. Force fed,forcing fluids. Dry&resting breathing is becoming normal.
Hope these two pull thru.
Will call incubater company soon as I can,don't want this issue to upset anyone else. Such an easy solution IF they want their product to do what it should.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Back
Top Bottom