"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Ok, here's my hatch! 21 of them!
6 CCL's from UrbanMamaHen, 4 girls, 2 boys,
2 Blue CM/CCL's and 1 Buff Orpington/CCL
and 12 CCL's, 7 girls and 4 regular boys and 1 sport boy. I got these and the mixes from a wonderful lady in Temecula, CA.

When I got home this morning I had one more egg that was pipped but the chick from yesterday's hatch still wasn't steady on his feet (had a prominant comb even as a newborn) nor did he really get fluffy. Anyway, I put the egg under the brooding light in the brooder since I had to get my turkey eggs in the bator. This afternoon I woke up to a girl chilling in the brooder. Unfortunately, her buddy who hatched yesterday never did thrive. He passed just a moment ago. Now back to one chick. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping that my TSC will have chicks. I still have two eggs but no pips from them. Going to give them one more day before giving up on them.

Last edited:
When I got home this morning I had one more egg that was pipped but the chick from yesterday's hatch still wasn't steady on his feet (had a prominant comb even as a newborn) nor did he really get fluffy. Anyway, I put the egg under the brooding light in the brooder since I had to get my turkey eggs in the bator. This afternoon I woke up to a girl chilling in the brooder. Unfortunately, her buddy who hatched yesterday never did thrive. He passed just a moment ago. Now back to one chick. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping that my TSC will have chicks. I still have two eggs but no pips from them. Going to give them one more day before giving up on them.
Sorry the one didn't make it. I hope you can get some friends for the one.

Nine chicks,one zipping,four pips,and one nothing yet.day 20
woot.gif

I am sad to report that one of my hens babies didn't make it through the night last night. She had some issues absorbing her yolk sack and ended up passing. 10 out of 12 shipped eggs isn't bad though.

Back
Top Bottom