"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Day 16 for the Modern Game Bantams under my broody and only 1 is left. The others have quit. She's a good broody and I have her separated so I know it's not her fault. I guess these things just happen sometimes.

Adorable
love.gif
Was the one in the second pic sleeping while standing up?
lol.png
It was blinking every time the flash went off. I had turn the flash off for the one by it's green dish above.
lol.png

The black one was sleep standing, though. He fell over last night when the other two were running around & then he made a big fussy noise because he was knocked over.
gig.gif

Day 17, one chick in the air cell, 3 chicks working on it. The eggs from my flock always hatch early, whether they are under a broody or in the incubator. Might have chicks out by tomorrow night!

Well 30 chicks hatched so far. 4 pips and 4 not doing anything yet. I had 4 that were questionable at lockdown but I left them in anyway.
Heading to bed we'll see what it looks like in morning. Hopefully they will all be hatched when I wake up. I would like to get coolerbater ready for a dozen duck eggs that were given to me yesterday.

My Pekin eggs are fertile!!! Egg after ag has not been fertile. I even incubated a dozen or so a few months ago. Nothing. I decided to try again since it's spring. The first was a clear, and I checked one of the chicken eggs. It looked odd because I'm not used to my eggs laying down for incubation. I wanted to look at a duck egg again to see if it looked funny too. Imagine my shock to see veining!! It's a good thing I did not simply toss all three!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom