"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

All six of my silkies are out and three bantam Cochins. One Cochin died overnight trying to get out of the egg. Ayam Cemani also died overnight
sad.png
. Looks like it fell on its back and couldn't get up. Easy come, easy go I guess. I almost feel a little relieved that I feel less pressure to buy hatching eggs I can't afford. I'm going to get them in the brooder today and get some photos.

I am super excited about my own Silkie eggs in the bator, I think I have at least 3 that are developing!
Congratulations!

I decided not to intervene and once the other eggs hatched she/he was able to get up. All 7 of our eggs hatched! Four were dry and fluffy and have been moved to the brooder, just waiting for the later ones to dry off in the incubator.
Wonderful!

Well my OE with the twisted looking body, now named twister, is doing amazing! Not looking so twisted anymore. And keeps up with all the EEs just fine. So by some small miracle the poor baby that couldn't stand up for days has over come it's issues.
I thought I had a pic on my phone but I can't find it. I think one leg is a tad shorter than the other. Poor twister.

And totally not chicken related but still adorable. The doggy the hijacked my chick cam had her puppies last night.

8 English Mastiff pups. 4 female and 4 male. As best I could tell in the two minutes she tolerated me handling them. Almost all of them are brindle. I think 3 are fawn. I'll know more when she lets me help with them a little.
Now I can't sleep for like 6 weeks. Too many baby's (chick and pup) to take care of.
And now that we are moved to our big house I'm having hubby build my 4th coop. I now have to find some Silkie eggs since mine didn't hatch.
Then I want goats! I'm gonna need lots of help on goat keeping and I see lots of people here have goats. Just my kind of people!
Good news on twister. Congratulations on the puppies.

Well my OE with the twisted looking body, now named twister, is doing amazing! Not looking so twisted anymore. And keeps up with all the EEs just fine. So by some small miracle the poor baby that couldn't stand up for days has over come it's issues.
I thought I had a pic on my phone but I can't find it. I think one leg is a tad shorter than the other. Poor twister.

And totally not chicken related but still adorable. The doggy the hijacked my chick cam had her puppies last night.

8 English Mastiff pups. 4 female and 4 male. As best I could tell in the two minutes she tolerated me handling them. Almost all of them are brindle. I think 3 are fawn. I'll know more when she lets me help with them a little.
Now I can't sleep for like 6 weeks. Too many baby's (chick and pup) to take care of.
And now that we are moved to our big house I'm having hubby build my 4th coop. I now have to find some Silkie eggs since mine didn't hatch.
Then I want goats! I'm gonna need lots of help on goat keeping and I see lots of people here have goats. Just my kind of people!

Oh puppies!! How wonderful! :)

Glad to hear about the chick and puppies! I have been waiting for an update!
woot.gif

The little malpositioned chick is a bit splay legged. I will give it a chance to fluff up and get some strength in legs. If it is still splayed after that I will splint the legs.

Last edited:
2 Silkies hatched with 7 more pips. #2 has a vaulted skull. I have never hatched a chick with a vaulted skull before. Didnt even know my birds had the genetics for it. Chick is doing fine so far.
yesss.gif
congrats!!!!

All six of my silkies are out and three bantam Cochins. One Cochin died overnight trying to get out of the egg. Ayam Cemani also died overnight
sad.png
. Looks like it fell on its back and couldn't get up. Easy come, easy go I guess. I almost feel a little relieved that I feel less pressure to buy hatching eggs I can't afford. I'm going to get them in the brooder today and get some photos.

I am super excited about my own Silkie eggs in the bator, I think I have at least 3 that are developing!

Good luck with the silkies, sorry about the deaths, but congrats on the others, I am sorry you were feeling stressed
hugs.gif

I decided not to intervene and once the other eggs hatched she/he was able to get up. All 7 of our eggs hatched! Four were dry and fluffy and have been moved to the brooder, just waiting for the later ones to dry off in the incubator.
OH WOW CONGRATS!!!! they musta heeded your warning!!! lol

900x900px-LL-665d744e_image.jpeg

eight puppies!!! how exciting!!! I am sure you need sleep!!! I have another litter due the 19th cant wait to have the pups around again!!! CONGRATS!!!
4th coop!!! your gonna need a bigger house with all them pups!! ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom