"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

She passed
sad.png
I'm sorry

Ugh it's been quite the weekend. The mystery hatch concluded this morning. My thermometer registered a 102* temp sometime in the night and all of the last 3 chicks(in eggs) were dis this morning. We didn't pull them out last night because they weren't yet ready. I guess they weren't meant to be but it still sucks and I still feel like I failed. Today is day 14 for some eggs and day 7 for others and because I'm a glutton for punishment I added more eggs to fill the turner today but because I couldn't decide on just 12 I added some extras too.

I still don't understand what caused their being so late. Some of the eggs were dated 3/23 I haven't set eggs that were more than ten days old before... But who knows with the fever. I also don't understand how they were so goopy when I incubated dry. That was my worst hatch ever and a complete disaster. Nearly every chick was malposotioned on top of it, and only one ever pipped, and it was in the wrong place and both an internal and external. I did eggtopsy most of the eggs and very few had absorbed their yolk sac. I also found a couple that I think had peritonitis. Their yolks seemed greenish-gray, does that sound like eyp?

Ugh it's been quite the weekend. The mystery hatch concluded this morning. My thermometer registered a 102* temp sometime in the night and all of the last 3 chicks(in eggs) were dis this morning. We didn't pull them out last night because they weren't yet ready. I guess they weren't meant to be but it still sucks and I still feel like I failed. Today is day 14 for some eggs and day 7 for others and because I'm a glutton for punishment I added more eggs to fill the turner today but because I couldn't decide on just 12 I added some extras too.

I still don't understand what caused their being so late. Some of the eggs were dated 3/23 I haven't set eggs that were more than ten days old before... But who knows with the fever. I also don't understand how they were so goopy when I incubated dry. That was my worst hatch ever and a complete disaster. Nearly every chick was malposotioned on top of it, and only one ever pipped, and it was in the wrong place and both an internal and external. I did eggtopsy most of the eggs and very few had absorbed their yolk sac. I also found a couple that I think had peritonitis. Their yolks seemed greenish-gray, does that sound like eyp?
sad.png
I am sorry you had such a rough hatch this time.
sad.png

She passed
sad.png
Sorry to hear that.

Good luck with your other eggs.

She passed
sad.png

Sorry

Sorry you had such a bad time with the hatch. I hope the next one goes better.

Thank you. I'm sorry for everyone else who had a rough hatch this time too. I did put the eggs in towels and cleaned the bator before putting them back in the turner. I have two small bowls of rice in the bator and the humidity has been between 26 and 32% since putting the eggs back in.

I look at my Easter chicks and I know I can do this. I've don't it before several times. I'm not sure what made this time different except them temp spikes.

Thank you. I'm sorry for everyone else who had a rough hatch this time too. I did put the eggs in towels and cleaned the bator before putting them back in the turner. I have two small bowls of rice in the bator and the humidity has been between 26 and 32% since putting the eggs back in.

I look at my Easter chicks and I know I can do this. I've don't it before several times. I'm not sure what made this time different except them temp spikes.

I had a terrible hatch like that last year and it was because my temp was 98-99 I had chicks hatching a week late. Half of them were DIS and I had to assist the others. Maybe your thermo is incorrect?

Back
Top Bottom