SQ Purebred Eggs Bearded D'uccles, and Sumatras

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but I don't know if it's entirely ethical to call your stock show quality when the only mottled d'uccle cock(erel) you have for reference has a blatant disqualification--squirrel tail, if you didn't know. Don't get me wrong, your color is spot on, and plumage is very full, but considering this is often a beginning show breed, and wrongfully so, I don't know if you want customers dissatisfied because their stock ends up getting DQ'd.

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but I don't know if it's entirely ethical to call your stock show quality when the only mottled d'uccle cock(erel) you have for reference has a blatant disqualification--squirrel tail, if you didn't know. Don't get me wrong, your color is spot on, and plumage is very full, but considering this is often a beginning show breed, and wrongfully so, I don't know if you want customers dissatisfied because their stock ends up getting DQ'd.

Thank you for spotting that. I should definitely update my pictures with my current stock. That rooster was unfortunately nabbed by a predator last year so I no longer have him. Updated photos from NE Poultry Congress this past January(2015). If anyone here was there, these were what I chose to show and my Milles which took BB and BV over 30+ D'uccles. I do strive for the best quality possible. Obviously not all will come out SQ but that's pretty well known. For example, a hatch of 10 chicks at least 5-6 will be awesome quality far exceeding the average birds you see on craigslist and hatcheries. I would hope anyone involved in showing would know this. I too, am one of those people that hate seeing misrepresented birds and should have deleted that picture awhile back. The classified is actually quite old(May 2014) and I just keep updating it.

Back
Top Bottom