Squatter

philnj

Songster
8 Years
Jun 2, 2014
Townsend, DE
We have 2 out of 5 squatting 1 buff orph 1 BR 23 weeks old red comb wattles although the other BR is redder no squatting yet. Hopefully any day! I added lighting to give an extra 2-3 hrs. Was advised ok for young pullets to not delay due to time of year. Won't do it next year to give natural molt down time to rest etc.

First flock for me. My first layer squatted for two days max before I got an egg. Now another 4 of my flock of 9 have been squatting for over a week with no "rent" being put in the besting boxes :(

How long can they squat before they lay!?

I kept seeing everyone mention squatting and never could figure out what they meant. I have 4 BO's. One has been laying for about 2 months, nothing from the other 3 yet. I finally saw one of the others squatting for me when I was trying to get them into the roost for the night. Now I'm hoping I'll be seeing another layer soon.

That's awesome! The first egg is so exciting! Now as our other girls begin laying we are still excited but nothing like the anticipation of that first egg coming to fruition.

Yipee! My pullet June became a hen today!

Back
Top Bottom