St. John's Wort

Pics
It's a dilution level. Seems like homeopathy dilution rate is similar to Richter scale- it's diluted 1:10 each time. Or something like that. It's been too long since I thought about it to be sure of rate ;-) but 30C would be, in essence, the strength.

Edited to add wikipedia definition: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic_dilutions
So, the dosage for my chicken was 200c. That may be in essence, stronger.

It's a dilution level. Seems like homeopathy dilution rate is similar to Richter scale- it's diluted 1:10 each time. Or something like that. It's been too long since I thought about it to be sure of rate ;-) but 30C would be, in essence, the strength.

Edited to add wikipedia definition: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic_dilutions

Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

It's probably the site, not the internet, this site's been having hiccups for me and a few others the last few days. Posting is the function most affected.

About the form of Hypericum you're using, I don't know because I haven't used it, but their strange processing method isn't something I'd trust offhand. You can only try, I guess, with what you have and what you know. I'd probably use Blackmores' tablet form of St. John's Wort as it's been clinically trialled and proven to work.

Using it in homeopathic form won't always work as many people don't understand homeopathy and make anything up, label it as homeopathics, and sell it. You're possibly better off getting tablet form, non-homeopathic, as well, but if you don't have much money it can be hard. Sometimes they have discount sales in pharmacies etc and sell bottles of tablets for a few dollars though.

Homeopathy is one of those fields where there are so many quacks it's hard to get a working product but they do exist.

Hopefully your St. John's Wort works.

Best wishes.

I'm afraid my chicken died about 2 weeks after I posted.

I'm afraid my chicken died about 2 weeks after I posted.

Sorry for your loss. Thank you for the update and for being open minded enough to try something different. Sticking with conventional or popular treatments with diseases they routinely fail to treat is, to paraphrase an Einstein quote, keeping the same mindset that makes the problem rather than adopting a new way of thinking that can solve it. If we're going to succeed against this disease we must try new things and stop pursuing the same 'cull/close flock' method which destroys resistant individuals and artificially keeps the national flock at the same level of weakness against the disease.

I suspect obviously affected individuals are most likely to be a loss anyway, after all their immune system was already in an advanced state of failing to combat the disease by the time they showed symptoms. There's a thread on this site about breeding for resistance, so far not much in the thread but I reckon it's onto the right track and years from now it may be a bit of a goldmine of info if people keep at it, like this thread. Together, we should stumble onto the solution sooner or later.

Mareks' hasn't been any kind of serious issue in my flock because being mostly descended from 'backyard breeders' for who knows how many generations, they're quite resistant to most diseases, and it's been generations since I had any losses to it, so as far as I can see breeding for resistance is the right way to go for now... But, surely, there will be some working treatments discovered eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Best wishes.

Can 2-3 week old chicks show symptoms? My Ideal 236's all 12 of them(some worse) are wobbling around like robots, laying down, falling over. They are suppose to be more resistant to it, but I know of nothing else it may be.

Can 2-3 week old chicks show symptoms? My Ideal 236's all 12 of them(some worse) are wobbling around like robots, laying down, falling over. They are suppose to be more resistant to it, but I know of nothing else it may be.

Yes, they can show symptoms at that age. I'm not sure if you're saying 236's or younger chicks are supposed to be more resistant to it.

Best wishes.

Where they vaccinated? If they were, I doubt that what you're seeing is Marek's

-Kathy

And have you ever seen so many show Marek's symptoms at the same time? Here it's been one or two, never more. Not saying it can't happen, just hasn't happened to me.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom