Stacking Quail Cages

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
Screenshot_20221218_211321_eBay.jpg
I have recently been gifted four of these cages, the cages I have been given are much bigger than this listing I've found. They're the exact same model, just every length is longer.

I wish to stack them as I have limited space, their roofs are sloping backwards and the entire roof opens. The doors you can open are unfortunately quite small to access so if I could lift the roofs would be great, I just don't see how I could do this and stack them.

I have considered taking the roof off and replacing with solid wire then building a door in that roof, I thought this would mean I could stack them but the back panel is very slightly lower than the front (no idea why).

I have also considered attaching wire around the legs to create an additional cage underneath but again, not sure how to do this successfully.

Not great at thinking this through, can't post photos as on holiday too but I can show more images of these tiny versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218_211314_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_211314_eBay.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20221218_211329_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20221218_211329_eBay.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 8
I have one similar to that (also free) and yeah the roof slope is annoying. Maybe cut a hole in the back or side instead? Then cut the legs shorter in front to stack.

Or yes, an additional cage using wire and wood strips to support the floor in the lower cage would work.

I have one similar to that (also free) and yeah the roof slope is annoying. Maybe cut a hole in the back or side instead? Then cut the legs shorter in front to stack.

Or yes, an additional cage using wire and wood strips to support the floor in the lower cage would work.
I've considered a whole to put them on but tbh they're not very stable either are they 😂 wouldn't pay the £60-80 they ask for these I tell ya that!
So rain runs off and doesn't sit on the roof
I understand why but these aren't going to be waterproof, who they kidding 😂

I've considered a whole to put them on but tbh they're not very stable either are they 😂 wouldn't pay the £60-80 they ask for these I tell ya that!

I understand why but these aren't going to be waterproof, who they kidding 😂
They're pretty water proof if they don't have water sitting on them. I have a prefab of the same material that is like 5 years old that still is pretty good considering the weather where I live

Turn them upside down. Use the slanted roof as a egg roll out. cut the legs down to 4 or 5 inches. enough room to get the poop trays in and out. replace the roof with hardware cloth.

It could work out well with a lil tweaking.
This greatly intrigues me but I may be too tired to imagine it, unfortunately.

They're pretty water proof if they don't have water sitting on them. I have a prefab of the same material that is like 5 years old that still is pretty good considering the weather where I live
I couldn't imagine these lasting a full English year without damage, a few months of sideways rain and they'd be gone! Maybe last a bit longer with a coat on it

If you look at my Cage flat top, slanted floor. trim your legs and use the trimmings to help separate the stack as needed.

View attachment 3370965
They are some beautiful cages I must say, excellent work!

Thank you for your great idea I may implement something similar however I don't do wire cages anymore (just a personal choice) so maybe instead of a rolling cage I could straighten it up

Back
Top Bottom