Staggered hatch *1egg

I’m in this position too with shipped eggs because usps lost a batch so I had to set the others and then when the lost batch showed up I set them two days later. Then none developed except for one. So I have one egg with a hatch date 2 days after the others. I hope yours hatches, since you lost the mom :(

I'll do that then. I'm wondering if they're close enough that they will synchronize. I guess I'll know in 3 weeks. Not sure what I'm going to do if my first candling does not leave a spot for the new egg. Winging this is giving me a bit of anxiety. But I just don't want to miss the opportunity. I only had a couple of her eggs in there and knowing I'd never have anymore I just couldn't waste this one.
I understand. I recently incubated 3 very frozen and very dead eggs. My blue egg layer is the only one who doesn’t lay in the box or by the wood pile, she lays under the porch where no one can get them. The eggs were two empty, and one early quitter. I got rid of them to incubate some eggs that had been collected by mistake, I’ve got a young hen who sat for maybe 2 days and then left, so I said “hmm…… MINE!” Hopefully they are fertile. The other eggs that were incubated with the frozen eggs are hatching, so far I have 2 chicks.

And from reading this I wouldn't take the chance on 22 eggs over 1 not in best circumstances. Just my opinion.
What do you mean by take the chance? As in how could I mess the other ones up? Do you mean like just go with the rate as the original ones I put in? Or do you mean reaching and turning it? I figured since some people manually turn their eggs anyway It wouldn't hurt much. It only takes a second to lift the lid a little and turn the one. You think that could hurt the others? Or did you mean lockdown?

What do you mean by take the chance? As in how could I mess the other ones up? Do you mean like just go with the rate as the original ones I put in?
Yes, as you stated single egg is not getting best attention and its only 1 egg compared to 22 that are being turned correctly and in better circumstances. And 2 days early will not harm your single egg. Also, higher temps will not catch up your single egg as temp will affect all eggs equally.

Yes, as you stated single egg is not getting best attention and its only 1 egg compared to 22 that are being turned correctly and in better circumstances. And 2 days early will not harm your single egg. Also, higher temps will not catch up your single egg as temp will affect all eggs equally.
Okay I see what you're saying so you mean as in lockdown. I read somewhere that turning is the most important between day five and 16. So I figured for the next few days I'll just reach in once and turn it. In a few days I will be able to tell if I have any that aren't doing anything and maybe have a spot for it which would be before day five for the new egg.

I agree with @Huntmaster. I just had a sad hatch because I delayed my humidity increase (due to having other eggs in the incubator that I didn’t want to harm.)

The eggs hatching all shrink wrapped and I had to assist all of them (6 eggs were alive when I started assisting) and only 3 chicks made it, and just barely. So yeah go with the correct timing for the majority of the eggs. I don’t think the extra humidity will hurt your single egg that is a few days behind.

I've read a few posts where people found out 3 days after setting their egg turner's weren't working and most people said it would be fine. So I'm thinking if it rides around without turning with me just doing it once a day by it's third day hopefully it'll have a spot in the turner because I should be able to tell if I have any yolkers on the others by that day.

I agree with @Huntmaster. I just had a sad hatch because I delayed my humidity increase (due to having other eggs in the incubator that I didn’t want to harm.)

The eggs hatching all shrink wrapped and I had to assist all of them (6 eggs were alive when I started assisting) and only 3 chicks made it, and just barely. So yeah go with the correct timing for the majority of the eggs. I don’t think the extra humidity will hurt your single egg that is a few days behind.
Man I'm sorry, glad you were able to save a few. With her being dead hers are pretty important to me but I don't want to affect the others. Guess I'll just see what nature intends with this little one, if it's meant to be. Wish I would have known and put more of hers in there to begin with. This one's not quite 48 hours behind so maybe it'll do okay with the timing of the rest.

I've read a few posts where people found out 3 days after setting their egg turner's weren't working and most people said it would be fine. So I'm thinking if it rides around without turning with me just doing it once a day by it's third day hopefully it'll have a spot in the turner because I should be able to tell if I have any yolkers on the others by that day.
If that particular egg is that much more important to you than the other eggs. Just swap that single egg in turner and do the limited turn on one of the lesser important eggs. Giving your single egg a better chance if it that important to you, that would be my option along with regular lockdown period for older eggs.

Back
Top Bottom