Stall possibilities?

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
This is for curiosities sake,I would love to hear your opinions about the possibilities for these two old stalls in my coop.What I can use them for?What animals could potentially live in here? Or other purposes I have yet to think of! I haven’t measured them yet,but they are roughly horse-sized. I have no plans regarding them yet,but I would love to use them for Something!Here are the stalls.
1A269930-535C-4CC2-9BFD-CC994F206C61.jpeg
2554DF63-64D3-4F24-8DA2-6B6006FE9343.jpeg

Very nice. Lots of potential uses. One would be, if you don't have any larger mammals, would be a brooding area for lots of chicks. Perhaps even a place to raise up some meat birds.
Do you have any livestock besides chickens?
I don’t any livestock besides chickens,I have considered Nubian goats for grazing/foraging/packing purposes but I am unsure whether my tube gates on the stalls will keep them in.I would have to remove the gates completely if I wanted to brood chicks in there!:lau They would definitely get out.

Anything ultra fuzzy like highland cattle won’t do well in my area,it gets very hot and humid in the summer!
See, when one doesn't put their location in their profile, they get all kinds of crazy suggestions.
I have the perfect thing for you. Gulf Coast Sheep. They evolved for your climate in the southeast US. They developed bare bellies to shed heat.
You could house several in there. Meat and wool.
Sheeps milk makes some great cheese.
https://livestockconservancy.org/heritage-breeds/heritage-breeds-list/gulf-coast-sheep/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom