Starlight green egger

Clt1988

In the Brooder
May 5, 2024
I have 3 starlight green egger. Around 7 weeks old. 2 look alike and we're both developing a pinkish comb so I assumed more than likely they were both roos. Today as I looked at them there was a very noticeable difference. I'm thinking maybe both aren't. Just wanting some opinions. The others comb is still smaller than these

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_201103.jpg
    IMG_20240505_201103.jpg
    841.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20240505_201107.jpg
    IMG_20240505_201107.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 1
Yep both cockerels. I've noticed that when there are 2+ cockerels in a brood, one tends to develop faster, even though they are the same breed. I suspect that the one that matures faster would wInd up being the dominant roo, but I've never kept both to see that evidenced.

I have 3 starlight green egger. Around 7 weeks old. 2 look alike and we're both developing a pinkish comb so I assumed more than likely they were both roos. Today as I looked at them there was a very noticeable difference. I'm thinking maybe both aren't. Just wanting some opinions. The others comb is still smaller than these

Yep both cockerels. I've noticed that when there are 2+ cockerels in a brood, one tends to develop faster, even though they are the same breed. I suspect that the one that matures faster would wInd up being the dominant roo, but I've never kept both to see that evidenced.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom