Start quail eggs first time, first day

animalslover

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2015
I will put 46 quail eggs in the incubator tonight...
This is first time for quail....but second time for incubator
My first time was chicken eggs ...start from 13 only 2 hatch

I have 5 quail eggs in mine, just put in today.
Hope you get a get hatch rate :) hope I get at least one lol! My first time incubating anything

Last hatched I had 13 chicken eggs only 2 hatched
For quail eggs I hope I get 10 hatch!!
Good luck to u !

What type of quail? They're such teeny Adorable wee chicks. I have japanese, they were my first hatch a couple of years ago. I was told they have a lower hatch rate than chickens but we got 18/24 which seemed great for shipped eggs.
Good luck!

I'm going to use an incubator for the first time. Right now I'm in the collecting phase. So far I'm up to 10 in 3 days. When I store them, it's fat end up, right? Do I rotate them around a couple times a day, or just leave them fat end up until time to incubate? Thanks, trying to get the hang of this.

I have Japanese quails too
They're so temp
I got when they were babies & not I got eggs from them so try to hatch more.
I heard a lot of people got good hatch from Japanese quails too

Yes the fat side up! I turn them 1-2 times a day when I stored them ....but always make sure fat side up!
Good luck
1f60a.png

Very exciting for you. Hope you get a good hatch rate. I have hatched chickens twice, first time had 17 out of 22 hatch! Have hatch quail a number of times and mostly had good hatch rates but the last batch, which were bought eggs, plus one of our own eggs was terrible. Only had 11 out of 55 hatch! Plus our lonely egg also hatched which was great. Cracked remaining open and none of them appeared to be fertile. Nothing at all had developed in any of them.

Currently have 4 in our mini bator that a chicken was incubating for the first 6 days. They go into lockdown on Sunday so will be interesting to see if any even hatch.

Today day 10 I just candled them ...so hard to see!!
I saw 1 of them crack ...I toss it
About 20 of them not fertilize :( but I still put them back in ...just in case !!
So I have about 30 left ....hope half of them hatch ;)

Back
Top Bottom