Started pullets from McMurray

ImNotYogi

Songster
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
Eastern NC
My order is supposed to ship "late tonight" according to the customer rep. I haven't received the shipping email yet but my account updated with the tracking number and said the label was created but USPS doesn't have them yet. What worries me is the label said it was created in Big Timber, MT which is about 1000 miles east of the hatchery. I have read that the label creation location can be a "master barcode" or something unrelated to the actual location of the package. Has anyone ever noticed this before?

I'm in Eastern NC, has anyone around this area of the country ordered from them? How did it go? I've ordered chickens before from another hatchery and that went well. Unfortunately they didn't have any pullets advertised when I looked and I ended up with McMurray. I would have preferred to order from anywhere closer.

To my understanding, started pullets is not same as day old chicks. Maybe they are airmailed.:idunno I communicated with peeps in the Philippines. Obviously their chickens arrived via airplane. I know there are special shipping boxes for larger than chick birds. Keep us updated on your order details/results.
WISHING YOU BEST... :thumbsup

To my understanding, started pullets is not same as day old chicks. Maybe they are airmailed.:idunno I communicated with peeps in the Philippines. Obviously their chickens arrived via airplane. I know there are special shipping boxes for larger than chick birds. Keep us updated on your order details/results.
WISHING YOU BEST... :thumbsup
They told me theyre shipped USPS express so thats delivery within 2 days guaranteed so airmail definitely. And I got it wrong in my original post, Big Timber is almost 1k miles west, not east, of the hatchery. They shipped out of Billings MT yesterday afternoon. Honestly if I knew that then I wouldnt have ordered. About 2100 miles between here and there.

Im sure theyre fine being hardier than day olds. Makes me anxious though, I cant lie.

1000 miles or 2000 miles is only 2 hours difference since airmail. :)
So glad to hear your shipment of cuties arrived safe. :thumbsup
I can understand how you were concerned. Now you know its not really an issue of distance, but travel TIME.

1000 miles or 2000 miles is only 2 hours difference since airmail. :)
So glad to hear your shipment of cuties arrived safe. :thumbsup
I can understand how you were concerned. Now you know its not really an issue of distance, but travel TIME.
They actually got here faster than my Meyer shipment from a few years back. That one arrived almost exactly 24hrs and Ohio is a lot closer. Logically I know theres not a huge difference with distance and airmail but there is that nagging thought "well thats an extra 1000 miles where *something* can go wrong!" Id worry until they arrived no matter where they came from lol. But I did have a scare tonight. One of the EEs flew over the 6ft fence of the run! Had a time getting her back and right when it was getting dark. Gonna clip a wing soon.

Back
Top Bottom