Starting a batch tomorrow 1/25 anyone want to join me? Valentine hatch-along!

McPhersonFarm

Songster
7 Years
Jan 18, 2013
Fort White, FL
This is my first hatch and I received my shipped eggs today and will be starting them tomorrow anyone want to join me? I have the following going in

8 Rouen ducks (they've been in a week already!)
16 Americauna
17 Rhode Island Red
8 Silkie/Frizzle

I'm excited I just realized they'll be due Valentines Day!!!

Kat

I put my eggs in yesterday I have 45 quail eggs 10 barred rock 3 black Minorca and 1 silkie eggs in the bator and a broody hen sitting on 5 mixed eggs for about one week so I am in and I also have my own thread

I'll play! I am setting eggs this morning. Most of them are pure Dominiques, though I will throw in a few Dominique crosses to fill up the incubator (it fits 24). So I might miss Valentine's day by a smidge, but that's okay!

I'll jump on. Just put my eggs in the bator last night 1/25/13 around 10:30pm. Using a hova bator with fan upgrade and the auto egg turner. I have 12 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, 1 German New Hampshire, and 3 Easter Eggers x Black Frizzle Cochin Roo. The first two breeds are delivered eggs the last ones are from my girls. Looking forward to doing this hatch with ya'll.

Okay, we're off and running! Here's the egg tally, they are all from my own hens:

17 Dominique
1 Dom x Australorp
2 Dom x Buff Orp
4 Dom x Gold Laced Wyandotte

I'm using a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance, with an Octagon 40 Eco that will be the hatcher starting day 18, or whenever the eggs are ready for lockdown. I am weighing the eggs to track appropriate humidity, so I'll move eggs over to the hatcher any day after day 18 that they approach the correct weight, or when they pip externally (whichever happens first). :)

Back
Top Bottom