Starting new thread so my pullets will lay.

Sorry, but I think you have to start a thread for it to work. haha!!

And @bobbi-j yours are already laying ;-) ...now to wait for those 'baby' eggs to get bigger, geez they're tiny!

My girls were all born between Easter weekend and April 1st!! One leghorn finally started to lay three days ago. I stalk the pasture every night looking for signs of accidental laying in the yard!! They are making me crazy!!!

And @bobbi-j
  yours are already laying ;-) ...now to wait for those 'baby' eggs to get bigger, geez they're tiny!

Lol, I'm going on the theory that if I acknowledge they are close and start asking why, oh why!? Even on another's thread, maybe it'll still work.
1f60b.png

And @bobbi-j
  yours are already laying ;-) ...now to wait for those 'baby' eggs to get bigger, geez they're tiny!

I have to start one? Ahh shoot! Well, it was worth a try, anyway. As far as I can tell. It's only one that's laying. I have 19 more to go. (I don't know why I'm so anxious - what am I gonna do with all those eggs??)

Quote: The starting of the thread is just my theory...and it's really all tongue-in-cheek anyway...haha!

I need the eggs...one of my customers thinks they are pez dispensers.
I'm anxious because I can't wait to see what colors the hatchery EE's and my OE crosses will lay.....
.......and well, it's still just cool, those pullet eggs...until the reality hits of needing 16-18 to make a 'large' dozen weight<rolleyes>.

I'm calling it a win! 4 days and I found a little pullet egg
1f60a.png

I love the anticipation of a new EE! So much fun to see what colors there will be!

The starting of the thread is just my theory...and it's really all tongue-in-cheek anyway...haha!

I need the eggs...one of my customers thinks they are pez dispensers.
I'm anxious because I can't wait to see what colors the hatchery EE's and my OE crosses will lay.....
.......and well, it's still just cool, those pullet eggs...until the reality hits of needing 16-18 to make a 'large' dozen weight<rolleyes>.
LOL - I knew it was tongue-in-cheek! Just playin' along! But you might be onto something! After a week of just getting one pullet egg a day, today I found three of them in the "pullet nest"! (A nice little nest hollowed out in the straw under the nest boxes) Three little brown, half-sized eggs. I love pullet eggs - they're so cute! I don't sell eggs. There's a teacher at work who has a corner on that market, and we have neighbors just up the road who sell eggs at their place. Not to mention the many ads on the local rummage sale site on FB and on the radio. I do, however, enjoy blessing family and friends with them. They're great for bartering. I give one friend eggs, last year she gave us a dozen pints of her home made tomato soup. Another one keeps me supplied with Essential Oils.

Quote: I've still just got one(pretty sure) laying about every other day, there are at least 2 more who sure look ready.....the tiny eggs are precious
My 'customers' are mostly just friends supporting my endeavor and have no problem with the 'rationing'.

I've still just got one(pretty sure) laying about every other day, there are at least 2 more who sure look ready.....the tiny eggs are precious
My 'customers' are mostly just friends supporting my endeavor and have no problem with the 'rationing'.
I hear ya there. I do have some friends that ask to buy eggs, understanding that sometimes we have them, and sometimes we don't.

Back
Top Bottom