State Block Swap

Would you like to have the shape of the U.S. to go along with your blocks? That you can applique to

• Red

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Black

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Blue

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Orange

• Solid

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • tone on tone

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Sorry girls, but I need a few more days to complete my blocks. Thank you
1f31e.png
Your ok, still waiting on lots of sets.

You should have my state blocks any time now if not already. I just have not been making enough sew time. I'm in the process of FM quilting one but literally just do about 10 minutes a day... so slow. I'm not very good at it either :)

LWer's the second block should not be attempted while your tired, I about drove myself nuts last night. I had my handi dandi seam ripper in hand and kept telling myself double check, call DH to check before you start ripping blocks apart. Blocks were correct it was just me being tired, but just have the last strips to add to the block before joining the blocks together!!! Not working on it tonight, stayed up way too late last night kept watching movies and sewing and when the seam ripper started to come into play it was 2 am. Oh in my madness I swore up and down I had not cut enough strips and didn't make enough units, after I cut and made more units I found what I was looking for.
he.gif
Sounds like you had a quilter's trick or treat nightmare katsdar
. I have always thought that the second part of LW was going to be difficult.
I have been putting it off till I felt better, maybe this week. good luck with the rest of it.

Sounds like you had a quilter's trick or treat nightmare katsdar
. I have always thought that the second part of LW was going to be difficult.
I have been putting it off till I felt better, maybe this week. good luck with the rest of it.
Oh it's not hard but you can get your self really confused with the twist and turns, lol, when I make this quilt again I will start with the "B" block, as the "A" block was a breeze, not too many brain cells were destroyed in the process. lol But I can see where for the first time you wouldn't want to start with the second block. It really went together nicely just gotta pay attention to colors and strip placement. Again I did all 4 blocks at the same time so it seemed to go faster. Remember on the second block there are some corrections so make sure you read the paper.

I have all the blocks for the LW made and am in the process of putting them together, had to stop and hem a bunch of pants for a friend of a friend.

Now I have mine in the mail, do I dare ask if we are planning another swap or are we waiting till January? I still did not put some of the swap blocks together while with others I am adding blocks and some I am quilting up.

Back
Top Bottom