State Block Swap

Would you like to have the shape of the U.S. to go along with your blocks? That you can applique to

• Red

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Black

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Blue

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Orange

• Solid

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • tone on tone

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I like those, look at the tutorial on the one I posted just for FYI, not trying to persuade you, but out of the two you posted I like the first one the best, that is so neat.
I liked the first one too but do you think all of our blocks would have a consistent finnished size.

I liked the first one Anna6 suggested. As long we don't try to adjust the size before we get them, the recipient can square them all up. I like the fact that there are no points in the block, as far as I can see they end up looking like little curves, an optical illusion? I don't fancy making 90 though. We could go with bigger squares. We could go for a lap quilt but let's make sure it's square, not oblong. So that would be at 9 really big squares or 16 or 25 or 36 small, smaller, smallest squares if you get my drift.

What are manly colours? Have you seen what presenters are wearing these days? Red and pink trousers seem very popular. We must go with value contrasts, not just all darks.

I do think this looks like a fun block.

We did mimmiechicks and I love the colors. I actually did not think as it as manly but as home decor colors.Think Jinny Beyer. If we end up going with the mock pineapple looking block we would have more darks and lights. Would some prints with smaller flowers be OK to use as long as it meets the colors set?

Maybe next week I could try and maKE 4 OR SO. I think a block size some where in the middle would be nice, not too big and not too small.

Has anyone made this pattern? I also like that it does not have points. I hope that it will make the pattern more forgiving.

Last edited:
I added another row to this quilt and am getting ready to quilt it with most likely an all over swirly pattern to break up all the angular shapes a bit.

I don't mind the color scheme for the "man" quilt but open it up to more pattern, floral and etc... Is that what you're thinking Anna? So maybe pick a color scheme template to put up for reference?

I've had the man quilt under the needle for a while but getting nowhere fast. Where's my mojo!?!

I added blocks to make it a queen.

Last edited:
Ladies,

How many more blocks do I need to receive? How many are in the mail? I have been MIA sorry, but here is the reason and as soon as this week is over I will get back with the program,

I'm showing 2 more sets that need to come in.

I had a stress test on Friday, with less than favorable results, so this Friday I will have a heart catheterization, if I get stints then I will be home Saturday, if not will be home Friday, so that is where I'm at and trying to tie up loose ends, clean the office/church early, clean out chicken pens why oh why did I not clean the pens out last week, lol so anyway I will talk to you all friday.

Back
Top Bottom