Still need help on #1 and #4, bantams

So in checking hoovers again, they don't have Spangled, so it'll have to be a black breasted red. As for #4, RIR bantam, they don't have those. Maybe it was a different chick from another bin? The only others I can remember were white leghorns and rainbow dixies, all seperated. Usually they have golden comets or ISA browns, but #4 is so much brighter than their typical coloring.
#1 really doesn't match anything Hoover's are currently listing. They also don't have light Brahma bantams on their list. Very confusing! Nevertheless I do think 2 and 3 are light Brahmas because they don't seem to have beards, and the one seems too dark to be a porcelain D'Uccle. The only thing 4 could maybe be on their list is red pyle OEGB, but those are usually close to white in color. 5 has to be a bbr OEGB.

#1 really doesn't match anything Hoover's are currently listing. They also don't have light Brahma bantams on their list. Very confusing! Nevertheless I do think 2 and 3 are light Brahmas because they don't seem to have beards, and the one seems too dark to be a porcelain D'Uccle. The only thing 4 could maybe be on their list is red pyle OEGB, but those are usually close to white in color. 5 has to be a bbr OEGB.
They have light brahma bantams in their catalog! If I remember right anyways.

In their picture of assorted OEGB they have blue but it's not listed as for sale this year so if it is blue maybe only for assortments. 4 is a white laced red cornish, if it is from hoover it is not a bantam unless they didn't advertise it.
You're right on #4! Now that he/she has feathers it's definitely matching up. So pretty!!

So #2 is older. It seems to be a variety (or really poorly bred) of d'uccle! Not a brahma or cochin! What do you think?
Screenshot_20230327-151422.png
Screenshot_20230327-145720.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230327-145720.png
    Screenshot_20230327-145720.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
So #2 is older. It seems to be a variety (or really poorly bred) of d'uccle! Not a brahma or cochin! What do you think?View attachment 3446053View attachment 3446054
Here is 'Austin' now. He was such a good surprise. My daughters favorite chicken was 'Gilbert', a porcelain D'uccle. He was murdered by a rampaging rooster last year. So now that we happened to get another D'uccle bantam cockerel she is so pleased.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-001142_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603-001142_Gallery.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 8
In their picture of assorted OEGB they have blue but it's not listed as for sale this year so if it is blue maybe only for assortments. 4 is a white laced red cornish, if it is from hoover it is not a bantam unless they didn't advertise it.
The white laced red cornish is gorgeous! And seriously minuscule. She's one of my least friendly but I love to look at her.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-001420_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230603-001420_Gallery.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom