Still no eggs!

Yay!! That's a big egg too! I wonder if she has been hiding them because our first ones are super tiny! I got a second today but it's a different color. I saw a buff sitting in the box all morning but heard my sex link singing the egg song.

Yay!! That's a big egg too! I wonder if she has been hiding them because our first ones are super tiny! I got a second today but it's a different color. I saw a buff sitting in the box all morning but heard my sex link singing the egg song.

This is it next to a store bought egg. A little on the small side but big enough to eat!:)
That's so exciting for you! You'll probably get another one today from the same one that laid yesterday too!

I hope so! My daughter is having so much fun looking for eggs. I find myself watching the hens from the window to see if one goes up in the coop lol.

Another egg! Woohoo! Biggest one so far. It is very speckly, I think it's from my buff. I'm gonna watch them closely tomorrow and see who go in the coop when. Curious who is laying which eggs!

Another egg! Woohoo! Biggest one so far. It is very speckly, I think it's from my buff. I'm gonna watch them closely tomorrow and see who go in the coop when. Curious who is laying which eggs!

Is it normal for them to lay and then skip a day before they lay again? I didn't get one today.

Okay, I'm replying to this thread because it seems like good luck! I've got 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Buff Orps that are 23 weeks and an Ameraucana that is 21 weeks and no eggs yet! They free range some days, but stay in other days so I can't imagine it's just a coincidence that they ALL only lay on the days I let them out... Although I wouldn't put it past them...

Okay, I'm replying to this thread because it seems like good luck! I've got 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Buff Orps that are 23 weeks and an Ameraucana that is 21 weeks and no eggs yet! They free range some days, but stay in other days so I can't imagine it's just a coincidence that they ALL only lay on the days I let them out... Although I wouldn't put it past them...

Sending good luck your way! Are their combs big and red and are they squatting when you go to pet them?

Back
Top Bottom