Still Not Sure of Breed 🤔

Looks almost exactly like my Meyer Olive Egger that I got in May. It had a band so I’m confident in what it is. They also gave me one as part of the rare breed assortment even though I don’t think it was explicitly listed as a possibility.
Oh - maybe she is an Olive Egger, then. Someone me ironed that possibility earlier, but since she wasn't banded, I assumed not.

I guess I'll find out when she starts laying eggs?

C'mon, Meyer! A band would have helped!
😂

And I just checked the list. Olive Egger is on there. Maybe the confusion is solved, then?

Thanks. everyone. I'm not sure how y'all tell some of these breeds apart so easily. I have lots to learn about the traits of the specific breeds (and hybrids). Too many details for the ol" noggin to retain.

Found this pic posted by @WVBirdsAndBees from a while back. This is their OE from Meyer. THIS makes sense. Look at the gold on her neck.

And I just contacted Meyer. They cross CCL with Maran to get their OEs. It all makes sense now!

20200621_154515.jpg

Here's a link to the post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/meyer-hatchery-olive-egger-pics.1375867/post-22810415

Can confirm that looks a lot like our olive egger from Meyer as a chick. Ours is definitely CCL/Marans and came complete with a cute little crest and pretty olive eggs.

One of our favorite birds. We've since hatched some of her eggs with a CCL roo and they've been similar. Adventurous like a CCL, good layers, like to forage for snacks.

Can confirm that looks a lot like our olive egger from Meyer as a chick. Ours is definitely CCL/Marans and came complete with a cute little crest and pretty olive eggs.

One of our favorite birds. We've since hatched some of her eggs with a CCL roo and they've been similar. Adventurous like a CCL, good layers, like to forage for snacks.
I am very excited for her to be an OE!

And thanks for your thread! It was VERY helpful!

Both GCM and that line of OE are very cool birds. Hard to tell for sure. Keep an eye out for a little crest.

Cute little thing either way. We've had good luck with Meyer.

Back
Top Bottom