12 Years
Nov 6, 2009
Modesto
1/28 . 1/29/2012
Stockton, CA
Pacific Poultry Breeders Assoc
San Joaquin County Fairgrounds
Anthony Rose (209) 988-7762 [email protected]

I hope I have this in the right section. Thought I'd get a thread together so we can count down to the show and to share information and get a meetup together. If someone would like to help keep this thread up to date, post quick so we can have everything on the first page.

Kim

I'm going to try and keep up with information and add to this post. Let me know if I miss anything that should be up front.

Here is the link to the download for the entry forms
http://www.pacificpoultrybreedersassn.com/show-catalog

Links to other thread refering to this show

pips&peeps
wanted/sale page for Stockton here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=617848

List of hotels members will be staying

Host Hotel

The Hampton Inn

Others

Lathrop Hampton Inn

Clarion

Motel 6

Meetup Places

The Duck Nook @ 11:00 am Saturday
103 W Harding Way Stockton, CA 95204
(209) 467-3825.
From the fairgrounds go north on Wilson or N. Airport Way. They run parallel to each other. Whether on Willson or N. Airport, when you get to E. Harding Way, turn left. Go a couple of miles it will be on the right, on the corner. A Walgreens will be on the right before you get to the Duck Nook. Parking in the front, on the street, or in the back. If you get to Pacific Ave you have gone too far.

Look for aubreynoramarie and sherylreno..........if you can't figure it out, look for a girl with green hair hangin with a redhead. LOL

Last edited:
Nice to have met those of you I hadn't.

I came home and decided a lot of my birds are going. Starting with a cull from my Lav AMs and my favorite OE roo Jovi. I have pics on the California thread, so if anyone knows anyone, pm me.

I think next will be my Bantam Wellies, not sure after that. Wow it kills me to sell them.

I have more pure roos now that I need to house and a have a couple more coming. I just have to learn to stop. Adding those Phoenix to the mix, threw me off, but I've wanted them again forever, so now time to get the last of my mixed eggs hatched out to sell and then, just the pures for a while. Except my girls of course. Oh and my projects. Not to smart if I stop now. Maybe it will get me closer to getting my house. Probably not, but hopefully.

Last edited:
I wanted to make sure we got it going. Just hope someone with a little smarts can help with anything that needs adding. Can't wait till this show!

Im going! The kids will show in the youth show and I am going to bring three polish pullets.
smile.png

We are hoping for it to be a good size one as well. Just a side note... In January 2013 PPBA is hosting the ABA National Meet.

Hi all! DH and I will be there, weather permitting. Looking forward to seeing everyone! We enjoyed the last CA meetup we went to immensely!
smile.png
MCC USA Club's Western Regional Director has sent out this email regarding the Stockton show. Thought I would share it here... If you would like Peter's ph # or mailing address let me know and I'll pm it to you. Can't wait to see all the pretty birds and eggs!
pop.gif

Hello, Season’s greetings from Sunny CA! It brings me great pleasure to announce the MCC USA Western Regional meet will be held at this year’s PPBA show in Stockton CA on Jan 28th – 29th. The PPBA has also donated a space for us to hold an egg show.

The PPBA show is the biggest poultry show held on the west coast and has traditionally drawn entries from across the nation. Last year’s egg show event was a tremendous success thank to your support and I’m looking forward to a repeat.

Please mark your calendars and don’t forget to get your egg entries in. Egg entries will be accepted up until January 27, 2012.

MCC USA club ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded. Bird and Egg entry prizes are as follows:

1.Bird – Best of Breed $20 and ROB $15.
2.Eggs show – 1st $15, 2nd and 3rd place both receive $10. Also, $5 will be awarded to the people’s choice.
3.Special Awards include
1.Most bird entries award – The individual with the most marans entries will receive a special $15 dollar award.
2.Most egg entries – The individual who has the most egg entries will receive $10. To qualify for this prize all entries must have a minimum score of #4 on the MCC USA shade card
3.The darkest egg award – Each entry scored an #8 or #9 on the MCC USA shade card will receive a $5 award. The entry with the darkest

Note: A special thanks to the PPBA reserving a space for our egg show and to the continued support and generosity of our club members.

All MCC USA egg shows are open events and all marans owners are encouraged to participate. Don’t miss this great opportunity to introduce more people marans.

Please direct all egg show queries and entries to me at the address listed below. Attached are the show catalogue and entry forms. More event details can be found by visiting our club website: http://marans.org/

Thank you,

Peter Ovalle
MCC USA , Western Regional Director
Vacaville, CA
[email protected]

I have the show schedule plus a bunch of other info on PDFs, like entry deadlines etc, for anyone that is interested. Just email me and I'll forward the info to you.
smile.png

Last edited:
Well my little Fav roo is out for showing. He lost the end of his toe. I'm so mad. I still have his girl and Lowrider, my Black Tail Buff Jap. Both of her parents have won lots and her breeder says she's really nice, so here's hoping.

Then again I may be like Jules and just show up with empty crates and boxes.

Back
Top Bottom