Stockton, Ca show

hope your all having a blastee whoever is there right now
tongue.png

AND IM OFF!
See ya m'dears! I'm dropping off the chooks and gonna stalk to sales area for a while, then I'm off to San Jose for a convention, where I'm spending the night. Then I'll come back to Stockton at the crack of dawn to prep the birds, and BUY MORE BIRDS THAN I SHOULD! I'll take pics
wink.png

Can anyone provide a little insight as to how the sale barn works? Do people have their birds out and price, sort of like booths, or is it more of an auction format? Is there a wide variety of breeds and age? What time do they open? What can we expect? I'm going to swing by and have a "list" of hens I'm suppose to be looking for, for a friend, but if it's too intimidating I might weeny out and just look. She will be re-imbursing me, but do I need to bring cash or do they accept debit?

I'm only traveling about 45 minutes, would be it a faux pas to transport the hens (if I get any) in cardboard boxes?

I know, super silly questions
smile.png

We bought 7 birds at the Ventura show and transported all but 2 in cardboard boxes. The other 2 were in a cat carrier. The boxes work good just make sure you put holes in them.

Cages with cards on them, prices, and the owners names on them. You go to a central checker to pay usually, I cant recall what kind of money they take, cash works really well!
Tina

Back
Top Bottom