Stockton, Ca show

Oh my goodness, no! i don't know Lou Ann but do know Ryan. He's a great guy and does not deserve this. (Neither does Lou Ann or anyone.) Why don't they have some kind of security? Here is a huge barn full of years of specialized breeding, and anyone can walk in and snatch these valuable birds? That's insane! No wonder i saw one owner pupping a tent right next to her birds. My deepest condolences to Ryan and Lou Ann.

There should be better security. You should be able to trust that your birds are safe. It would be a shame to stop showing because of what happened in Stockton. If you want to show your chickens, maybe there would be a way for BYCers to help each other out at the shows, and chicken-sit. Just a thought. I just read Ryan's thread about this. Help from the BYCers wouldn't help in this situation. He was there, and was lured away from his birds. This is so wrong!

Last edited:
Im sorry someone stole Ryans birds, I hope bad Karma gets them!!
Alot of people were saying you shouldnt take birds to the show that you dont mind losing, but is just shouldnt be that way? And I saw two security guys there, but I mostly saw them standing in the parking lot drinking coffee. My husband said it was too bad when the people that you were most creeped out by were the security guards loitering in the parking lot, and the birds were what needed to be kept secure.

airheart43 - That Mandarin is beautiful! My husband has wanted one for a long time, so we went ahead and got the one that was in the sales barn. He's a little scruffier than the beautiful pic you have, but he's genetically split to white, so when we get a mate for him, we will have fun seeing what the babies will be!!

The show was great, and I cant wait for next month, for the one in Humboldt County! Small Scale, but still a great show!

Tina/tfpets.

Wow, Tina, i didn't see a mandarin in the sale barn. Good for you. They are pretty, aren't they? Would love to see the set up you devise for him. i can see a spot out under a big tree in our back yard that would be perfect for a duck habitat and meditation garden.
smile.png
Maybe sometime in the future.

When is the show in Humboldt? My brother-in-law used to live there, beautiful area. But, a bit of a drive - 8 hours from Sacramento?

STEAL CHICKENS??? That is awful!! Why are some so horribly greedy??? I was so excited to go to the show!!! I am really sorry to hear about that. Way to take the fun out of the show. They will get theirs, it will come back to them in a harsh way.

I was excited to get new chickens, and we bought 5 and two bunnies!!! My husband will kill me when he gets home, but we had so much fun! I am sorry to not have met up with everyone! I did mee one person, but we left as soon as we could because we were anxious to get our birds set up..

Quote:
Its on February 14 and 15 at the Redwood Acres Fairgrounds in Eureka, California, in Humboldt County.
Sure, its a long drive, so stay overnight! Make it a nice Valentine Weekend at the Coast, its lovely up there!

There is a Host Motel, The Clarion Resort, it may be for people showing only that get any "discounts" but you could say you are with Poultry People! Its at:

2223 4th St.
Eureka CA. 95501
Ask for the Poultry Show rate with the
Humboldt Poultry Fanciers Association
(707)-442-3261

Come on, its a Poultry Show!! Gotta have fun, even in a small town! I just love going coastal, can you tell? Besides, I stay a little south in Redway at my sisters for the night
smile.png

Tina

Oh, and some people made arrangements to bring bunnies there, I know of a lady that brought some.....Agility Bunnies! Fun, isnt it??

Quote:
They did!! What a fluke too, my kids wanted a bunny and RIGHT when we walked in, there was two there for sale in the show room. (saturday) We also got 5 chickens, but it made the show fun for my son - we missed his game for the show.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow! I came home with a Buff Silke ( and Splash) but it was one I purchased from Chickedee Farms.

Man !! I know I did see so many people walking around with Chickens in arms I did wonder about the security of the really nice birds. Can they put locks on them? I would..but I don't know anything about showing so don't know the rules.

Back
Top Bottom