Stockton, Ca show

me neither, but it seems like locks would be a good icdea. Totally sucks though!!! My daughter and I were such nerds, we go in, buy all these chickens, and leave the boxes in the car. So we ran out of hands to hold them all, but the people we bouhgt them from, (Kaitlynn and Dottie) were very nice. My third show, and I am STILL a rookie!!!!!

Quote:
Its on February 14 and 15 at the Redwood Acres Fairgrounds in Eureka, California, in Humboldt County.
Sure, its a long drive, so stay overnight! Make it a nice Valentine Weekend at the Coast, its lovely up there!

There is a Host Motel, The Clarion Resort, it may be for people showing only that get any "discounts" but you could say you are with Poultry People! Its at:

2223 4th St.
Eureka CA. 95501
Ask for the Poultry Show rate with the
Humboldt Poultry Fanciers Association
(707)-442-3261

Come on, its a Poultry Show!! Gotta have fun, even in a small town! I just love going coastal, can you tell? Besides, I stay a little south in Redway at my sisters for the night
smile.png

Tina

Oh, and some people made arrangements to bring bunnies there, I know of a lady that brought some.....Agility Bunnies! Fun, isnt it??

Hey there Tina, I hear too that Paso Robles sometimes has a good poultry show? Does anyone know anything about it? It may be too far south though..? I would have loved to meet ya at the Stockton show, I always see your posts on BYc.

Quote:
Ya, this was my first show so I didn't know what to expect. Good thing we parked close to the sales area. Next time I need a small cat carrier to bring with me. So what did you get? Just curious..

Yeah, like park next to the black gate. I ended up parking next to the sale building because I had to get the rest of the boxes. We got from a Kaitlynn, a black frizzle, and a white cochin, and then from Dottie, we got a pair of Silkies, white ones, and a black cochin. She sat on my lap the whole way home! She is so sweet!!! What a honey!!! My daughter didn't name her yet, but I loved her! I wsh we went back on Sunday!!! We also got our two bunnies, female, SUPER CUTE!!
woot.gif
I have pictures of them, I will post them too. My husband just got home from being out of town, and is not as excited as I am about the critters....... why??? cranky pants......

Quote:
Haha that is funny about cranky pants! Wow, you made out!
I got some gorgeous Silkies too ( buff and splash pullets)! But they had some mites( I think 1 has cocci too)..so we are treating them, we haven't handled them too much since I just feel so itchy thinking about it. But I can't wait to snuggle with them. They are finally coming out of the little house we have in a quarantined area. It has taken 3 days for them to come out of the house..Don't know much about the Silkies have to get to know them more.
I also came home with 4 Cuckoo Marans chicks. I might have mentioned this before. If so sorry. Just excited.

OMG!! NO apologies needed!!! I totally get it!! I am the same way. I think I hang out with my chickens more than I hang out with the people in my family!!!

SUPER BUMMER about the mites and cocci!!! That totally sucks!!!

I, myself am very new to silkies too. We bought a pair, a roo and a hen, the roo is cute, sometimes pecks at me, but I think it is because he can't see well, because he is really sweet otherwise. All the new ones are separate from the rest, and I am scared to introduce them, I always get scared like that because I feel so sorry for the ones that get picked on!!!! I know that its the chicken way but I get so sad. I am a nerd.

WOW!!! the Cuckoo Marans are BEAUTIFUL!!! I had not seen them before!!! I wanted to get Jersey Giants, but my money ran out before I had the chance....

Quote:
Yeah, it is so addictive! I just want more and then to breed some for myself too! I 'm not sure where my Silkies will go yet but they are quarantine for atleast 30 days anyhow so I won't worry about it till then. But they do seem kinda lonely with only 2 of them so they may go with the chicks afterwards. Boy what am I doing?? another run ?..LOL Yeah gonna have to read up more on these guys..they are different in character than the other chickens..i don't see them foraging at all.

Quote:
Silkies are interesting chickens! Funny things, arent they?? Bottom Dwellers, really, they rarely "roost" and will live on the ground, in bedding or whatever, I have one, Snowball, who the other chickens dont want to have with them cause he used to be a snot, he lives in the barn with the pig, llama and goat. He just sleeps against the wall on the floor with a pigeon? He's odd.
They are fluffy, easy going little birds, I think they're cute, but dont mess with them when they're broody!! Ohhhh no! Enjoy!
Tina

Back
Top Bottom