Stop laying

yellowchick

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 15, 2008
C, Arkansas
I bought a couple adult female and 1 adult male quail a couple weeks ago and at first I was getting an egg a day sometimes 1 egg every other day. Starting on Friday last week I haven't gotten an egg since. Nothing has changed other than the nights are a little cooler (high 60's low 70's). Any thoughts on why they would just stop laying?

Courtnex (by the way, how do you pronounce that).....I have not given them oyster shell, they get the same layer feed as my chickens and they do not get oyster shell either.

You need to make sure they get plenty of calcium. It's been really hot here lately. Everyone has had issues with no eggs. Mine just started laying again. (But, I have chickens)

Woooo hooooooo! It's hot here in Vegas and my coturnix are still laying like mad!

Coturnix lay better when it is hot. We had some cooler than normal temps last week and about half of my quail quit laying. Has it been cool during the day as well, or just at night?

Mine are still laying, but they have definitely slowed down. I can't quite figure out why. Temps seem to be staying the same. I guess it's a little cooler at night. I've really just noticed this over the last 3-4 days.

Back
Top Bottom