Stop wishing and start living

OH MY, that was SO beautiful!!!!! It's sad that something like that makes us slow down. It's great you can send the summer together and savory the time.

Thank you for writing that, I needed that

jackie

I'm new here, this is my first post ... I have to say that I believe you are so blessed, even to acknowledge everything that you have and not despair.

It sounds to me that there are, and will be, MANY praying for you and yours.

I too pray that your lives will continue to be filled with the love, grace and beauty that you can obviously see and appreciate.

Grace to you and your family ... and peace.

In Him,

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Your words will make a lot of the members stop and think, reflect and find time to "smell the roses" I am deeply touched by your words, your strength, and the wonderful family bond you have. May the time that you have together go slowly so that summer days are long. I agree that you should keep a journal you obviously have a gift for the written word. There is something that I say to myself three times a day in a quiet place for five mintues each time, the final quiet time just before sleep, "Every cell in my body is pure and whole and I am well" It is from a book called Positive Thinking and it has been a Godsend to me, I hope, that perhaps, it can help your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you rfom across the pond.

When I was nine, and my brother was three, my dad was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour, a Glioblastoma Multiforme. He was meant to die in 6 months, and so far has lived for 10 years, however within the last 3 or 4 years he's been having what the doctors can only deduce is "Neurological Migraines," which basically means he has no headache, but he experiences stroke like symptoms, slurred speach, loss of feeling in limbs (in his case, loss of feeling in the side of his body that he lost feeling in when he collapsed prior to being diagnosed) lots of hand shaking etc. These "attacks," get progressively worse as he goes a long, and we're afraid one day they will leave him incapacitated. I understand the hardships of disease and family, I was there through the two tumour biopsies, and saw my dad go through Chemo, etc.

You know...it must be..." that time of year" I was just thinking the other day...

When we were raiseing our four children....I too would wish...
wish they would walk sooner...wish they would start school.....wish they would quite bringing all thier friends in after school...wanting snacks and sodas....wishing my DH's time in the AF would pass quicker...so he could retire....
now...the kids are grown...and DH is retired from the AF. We have a small farm...and I am home all day....alone every night when DH goes to work.
I get those meloncholy feelings....around 3:30....WISHING I would hear the front door open...and kids yelling through the house..." MOM, IM HOME, WHATS FOR A SNACK?" I miss..hearing the laughter from another room...kids playing..jokeing...or even argueing. Now...its quiet. I eat most dinners alone....DH works second shift. When I go to town....no one to tag along. No one to " sneak in a candy bar or icecream" with. So I say...to all you young mothers, and fathers...cherish EVERY moment you have...beg for time to slow down, no matter how tough you might think it is right now...its tougher later...when they are busy with thier own lives...and you are alone most days. There is a country song out... " You're Gonna Miss this." Trust me.....you will!
Silkhope....you and your family are in my prayers...Take a deep breath...cherish every moment...take lots of pictures for memories...and GOD BLESS YOU!

Thank you for posting this today. I am always wishing and not living. May God bless your journey to the fullest.

Back
Top Bottom