Stop wishing and start living

What a beautiful and thought-provoking post. Thanks for sharing some of your private and inmost thoughts with us.

I, too will say a prayer for your family, and THANK you for the reminder to slow down and enjoy life at what EVER point you happen to be!

Thank you for posting this. I lost my 2yr old son 2 months ago to a heart defect. It is such an important message to send out to really just live. Take every small moment for the miracle that it is. I will be praying for you and your family.

(((hugs)))

I know what you mean about wishing time away . . . I'm about to go into 6th form, which I believe is the equivalent of the first 2 years of American university . . . how did that happen? It doesn't seem so long ago that I was picking my GCSE choices (2 years ago) and now I've just finished them.

Only thing is, I've never heard of ALS . . . can someone explain please?

Wow, you do have a gift with the written word.
I'm sitting here in tears, I too live with wishing life away at times, and look back and say, where did the time go.
Since I lost my Dad, which will be 2 yrs. in Aug.
I try to live life as it is here and not wish it away.
He was stricken with a rare disorder similar to MS and ALS rolled into one.
It was so rare that they haven't yet found many was to slow it down.
It was 1999 when they diagnosed him with CIDP, and he passed in 2006, a few days before his birthday.
There isn't a day that goes by, that I don't wish I would have spent more time with him.
I still can't believe he is gone.
So enjoy your summer.
I will pray for your family.
Brenda

Brenda, I'm familiar with CIDP and I'm sorry you lost your dad to it. ALS is similar in that there is no treatment or cure. No way to slow progression. My husband is being robbed of his strength and one day will lose the ability to eat or breathe on his own. Being an active, strong, 32 year old, this has been a huge blow.

Chickadee, I'm so sorry about your son. I can't imagine losing a child.
hugs.gif

I just got to this post and haven't read the other responses, so I hope I'm not repeating what others have said.

A lot of things about your life prior to the diagnosis are so much like ours...the demographics, that is. I have thought all of the same things you have, wishing it all away, and so has my husband. I think everyone has these thoughts.

Thank you for posting this and I applaud your taking the rest of the summer off. It's probably one of the best decisions you could ever make, and I'm sure your daughter will someday thank you for it.

Your story is another wake-up call to enjoy what we have been blessed with, or to recognize our blessings as such, instead of burdens.

I am sorry your husband has this awful disease, and I will be thinking of you hoping that you are able to have happiness in your summer and that you receive the loving support you so obviously deserve.

Back
Top Bottom