Stopped getting subscription emails

We may have found the problem... at least for some members. A bunch of the members posting in this thread have come up as "unsubscribed" to ALL emails from BYC.

This happens for a few reasons, including:

1. You click the link in an email from BYC that says "stop receiving ALL email from us (including private message notifications), please use our one-click unsubscribe." This removes you from ALL emails... PERMANENTLY.
  2. The emails to your host bounce. After our email system receives a handful of bounced emails (meaning your service provider isn't allowing the emails to get to your account) our system removes you from ALL emails.

If you aren't getting emails from BYC, do the following:

1. Triple check your spam filters
  2. Triple check your subscription settings here on BYC
  3. Add [email protected] to your email system's address book, whitelist, safe-sender list, etc.
  4. Reply to this post with a note that you've 100% done steps 1-3 above and let us know the day and time of your last email, and type (pm notification, thread subscription, etc.) from BYC.

We may have found the problem... at least for some members. A bunch of the members posting in this thread have come up as "unsubscribed" to ALL emails from BYC.

This happens for a few reasons, including:

1. You click the link in an email from BYC that says "stop receiving ALL email from us (including private message notifications), please use our one-click unsubscribe." This removes you from ALL emails... PERMANENTLY.
  2. The emails to your host bounce. After our email system receives a handful of bounced emails (meaning your service provider isn't allowing the emails to get to your account) our system removes you from ALL emails.

If you aren't getting emails from BYC, do the following:

1. Triple check your spam filters
  2. Triple check your subscription settings here on BYC
  3. Add [email protected] to your email system's address book, whitelist, safe-sender list, etc.
  4. Reply to this post with a note that you've 100% done steps 1-3 above and let us know the day and time of your last email, and type (pm notification, thread subscription, etc.) from BYC.
Okay, I have done all of these steps and still no notifications. I was getting the notifications before the site changed. Now I get nothing. I haven't gotten anything in awhile.

Done this 100%. I even got another alias at hotmail this morning and added the e-mail addresses for notifications, subscriptions, support and backyardchickens@backyardchickens to my safe senders list. I got e-mails for about an hour and they have stopped.

Jean, it seems we are both still in the same boat we were at the first of the year. (I'm on hotmail as well.) I can go for 3 or 4 days OK, and then everything stops cold - like today - not one single email from BYC, except from BYC about the Coop pages. I just checked my subscriptions - several have been very active today. And when I do get emails, sometimes they are immediate, and sometimes it can take almost half a day for them to arrive.

Last edited:
I've yet again added a new alias to hotmail. My last messages from BYC disappeared from my deleted box, so I will keep every message until it stops again, which should be very shortly so I can send the pertinent info to support.

i don't get any messages. I haven't for awhile now. I have my settings set right. I have added to the contact list. I have Wifi7 mail I pay for my mail service. My security settings are set to low. I haven't gotten a message from this site in Months.

I started getting my subscription emails today.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom