Straight Run, need help confirming breeds gender

rubyrogue

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Hello everyone, needing a little help on IDing some chicks... the first pics are a barred rock roo, i think. The next ones light brow/red I believe I have a hen and a roo but not sure of breed. Then is a white chick? then I have a banty feathered legs think a cochin but not sure. The rest are EE and can't tell a difference in them yet hen or roo. Thank you for your help!!!!

Barred Rock Roo?
one hen one roo? Breed?
Two EE what is the white one?
Banty feathered legs....

Last edited:
Barred rock roo, buff orpington pair, white one is a roo I think (white rock?), the black and white ones look more like silver laced wandottes to me (male?), and your banty looks like a partridge cochin female. I'd need closer pics of the combs to tell you for sure :)

Last edited:
Will try to get better pics they were not being photogenic earlier. lol So happy I got a pair as I was wanting to start breeding buff orpingtons and have 4 younger pullets. Will go out now and try to get better pics of the ones in question. Forgot to mention they are about 7weeks old. When is a good time to post the EE. they all look the same to me and I know they mature later....

ETA: They could be silver laced Wyandotte but I know there are also EE in the mix so I guess I will be miss photographer/ detective for a bit

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom