Strange Egg almost 2 in one

old mama hen

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Just went out and gathered eggs. Brought one that had something dangling from the end. On closer inspection it appeared to be the beginning of a new shell that was attached to the egg. It was a heavy flexible substance and when I cut it off there was yolk matter inside the flexible matter. The egg had a small hole at one end where this appendage was. When I cracked the egg the yolk was huge and hardly any white. My guess is a second egg was forming and somehow stayed attached to the first.
strange egg.jpg

Just went out and gathered eggs. Brought one that had something dangling from the end. On closer inspection it appeared to be the beginning of a new shell that was attached to the egg. It was a heavy flexible substance and when I cut it off there was yolk matter inside the flexible matter. The egg had a small hole at one end where this appendage was. When I cracked the egg the yolk was huge and hardly any white. My guess is a second egg was forming and somehow stayed attached to the first. View attachment 3745079
What breed did this?

Back
Top Bottom