Strange Occurrence - TSC/Hoover Chicks

BrindleFinch

Songster
Mar 31, 2018
Upstate, NY
So... I have a weird thing that's happened.

I will try to make a long story short; I ordered 10 Polish chicks and 10 Silkie chicks. I received an e-mail stating that the Silkies hatched short, basically, and that my silkie order would ship next week, but my Polish order would be sent this week.

Well... imagine my surprise when I've got some with head poofs and some with feathered legs in my "Polish," batch!

Has anyone had this happen? Is it possible that Hoover just... included whatever they had to fill my order (Polish & Silkie combined), or could they be crossbreds? I'm waiting until the 48 hour time limit is almost up to call in any losses & ask about the weirdness... I just thought it would be fun to ask what y'all thought about this in the meantime :pop

Also, as a side note, my chicks didn't come with heating packs? Is that only a springtime thing? I assumed it was an all year thing just because they need to be so warm... I was so worried about the poor little guys, they were so cold to the touch. 9 out of 10 made it though... I'm just hoping they got food, water, and heat in time. At least 4 out of the 9 are thriving, which I'm happy for!

Back
Top Bottom