strange repeated chicken and chick murders. (graphic)

I cannot believe a human is doing this!! I think phsyc evaluation is in need for a kid to be so cruel to squish a pull off appendages.... What is this world coming to!! I like the pit fall Idea though. But I would be tempted to use a leg trap, sorry Im not that nice to people that would do something like that. You know a smaller one not a bear trap. Than you could say you were trying to catch a racoon....How were you supposed to know it was some stupid kid! Sorry, that went into a rant.. I probably wouldnt actually do that.

Quote:
Dude- SUPER-bad idea.

In my heart of hearts I am all about giving your preditor a bit of buckshot in the arse, or humiliating him by dropping him in a hole, but this is some serious bad-juju.

At best you are going to be slapped with an "attractive nusiance" charge: both for your chickens and your hole-trap.

If there is some circumstance you aren't aware of (he is slow, or autistic) any two-bit lawyer will swing a "Of Mice and Men" defense and you will be sued for EVERYTHING.

Be OH-SO-CAREFUL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine

what a douchebag law.

i wish parents would take care of their own kids.

my chickens have never left my lot, they are well cared for and well looked after, i have barricaded them against all other predators that have gotten them before.

i guess no on the dig a big ole hole idea.

I'm not sure if you specified or not, but maybe some locks on your pens?

Also, have you tried following a feather trail? When I lost quite a few birds one day, I followed the feathers right to the culprit. Stupid lady who hadn't been feeding her dogs....

If it were me... I'd stake out. Wait for them to go in a pen, then shut the door on them, or, even if they try to run away, follow them as fast as you can. You'll know who did it, maybe talk to some parents, then order them to repay you for all the damage! Nothing like the thrill of the chase, am I right?

I think the moving idea is the best, though, lol. Get out to the country, quick!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH I just pee'd! The skunk ape hits again~
yuckyuck.gif

Get the motion camera! it will serve as evidence in court when you sue his parents for the cost of your critters. And when you have that evidence call social services and have them come out! i foster and that is a RED FLAG!

Pitfall trap could kill him and you wouldn't want that on your head! NO GUNS, Fl is super crazy with that law, don't risk it!

The camera is at walmart and not expensive! it works off of motion detectors and snaps a picture~

Last edited:
http://pecanspiders.tamu.edu/pitfall.htm

basic
idea of a pitfall trap, but about 6-7 feet deep, and 2 feet around.

put some fish in the bottom, or other stinky meat, and you will always catch a raccoon if there is one around. they are smart, but i think they dont have the depth perception to figure it out.

however it does require the work of digging a 6-7 foot deep hole, and climbing out of such a hole when you're done, without destroying the hole you dug.

i've caught a few raccoons with the pitfall, mostly in south carolina.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Get the motion camera! it will serve as evidence in court when you sue his parents for the cost of your critters. And when you have that evidence call social services and have them come out! i foster and that is a RED FLAG!

Pitfall trap could kill him and you wouldn't want that on your head! NO GUNS, Fl is super crazy with that law, don't risk it!

The camera is at walmart and not expensive! it works off of motion detectors and snaps a picture~

i'll take a look at walmart, the one at gander mountain was over 100 dollars, and i dont make a whole lot of money, and all my bonus money is gone now, i usually sell the birds i raise up.

and i only do have 1 boy chick left, out of the 75 or so i had two weeks ago.

so alot of my monies that i would have gotten from them has now vanished.

the worst thing is my white leghorn dora and my girlfriends turkey were part of all this, and my girlfriend is in canada out of phone reach all this time. she's gonna be crushed.
sad.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

i'll take a look at walmart, the one at gander mountain was over 100 dollars, and i dont make a whole lot of money, and all my bonus money is gone now, i usually sell the birds i raise up.

and i only do have 1 boy chick left, out of the 75 or so i had two weeks ago.

so alot of my monies that i would have gotten from them has now vanished.

the worst thing is my white leghorn dora and my girlfriends turkey were part of all this, and my girlfriend is in canada out of phone reach all this time. she's gonna be crushed.
sad.png

Try ebay as well~

Back
Top Bottom