Strike lll dewormer

chickiemama27

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2017
One of my hens had white long, skinny worms come out in her feces this morning. Yesterday ironically, I had given her yogurt, garlic, thyme and basil. Wondering if that is what caused the expulsion of live worms. Today I spoke to an avian vet and they recommend going to our local feed store to get a dewormer. In researching at the feed store, I found a more natural route in a product by Duvet called, Strike lll dewormer. Does anyone have any feedback or experience?
Thank you

They used to call that Strike III Dewormer awhile back. Look at the package now. It is called Strike III and makes no claims of de-worming.

I have fed watermelon and seeds and cucumber and seeds before and have seen them expel roundworms too, but sadly I couldn't reproduce the results. If you want a conventional de-wormer look for Safeguard. It will show being for cows, horses, or goats.

You've been given good advice on products and dosing on your other thread. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-worms.1464800/

Just for kicks, where on the StrikeIII packaging/labeling do you see it's used as a "dewormer"? I may have missed it?

1620266811343.png

1620266835338.png

Image Source

Fwiw -Several (about 5 or so) years ago, StrikeIII used to contain Hygromycin B and iirc it was labeled as a dewormer. Regulations and formulas change...
If you are seeing worms, then use an anthelmintic that was recommended on your other thread.

They used to call that Strike III Dewormer awhile back. Look at the package now. It is called Strike III and makes no claims of de-worming.

I have fed watermelon and seeds and cucumber and seeds before and have seen them expel roundworms too, but sadly I couldn't reproduce the results. If you want a conventional de-wormer look for Safeguard. It will show being for cows, horses, or goats.
Thank you. Do you have any idea how to dose? Also, I have a new bantam chick (8days old). How would I dose her? 😬

Back
Top Bottom