Stuck at the zipping phase because the membrane dried out?(Picture)

Kawie

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2016
Hi there !

My eggs due today are hatching but I fear one might need my help! He piped yesterday around 11;30 am , and it's been 24 hours and I think he's stuck because of the membrane has dried out. I cannot open the incubator yet because an other chick has just hatched minute ago and he's all wet. I can see he's breathing and look fine but I think he's stuck. He keeps on pushing and nothing is breaking anymore.

I read about putting a wet warm cloth around the egg to help the egg soften?

This is what the egg stuck look like ; His beak is outside and breathing heavily.

Does anyone know what I can do to help him out?

Thank you!
Kawie'

Hi there !

My eggs due today are hatching but I fear one might need my help! He piped yesterday around 11;30 am , and it's been 24 hours and I think he's stuck because of the membrane has dried out. I cannot open the incubator yet because an other chick has just hatched minute ago and he's all wet. I can see he's breathing and look fine but I think he's stuck. He keeps on pushing and nothing is breaking anymore.

I read about putting a wet warm cloth around the egg to help the egg soften?

This is what the egg stuck look like ; His beak is outside and breathing heavily.

Does anyone know what I can do to help him out?

Thank you!
Kawie'
If it was me I would pull it out, moisten the membrane with water on a q-tip and free the chick. You may have spots of membrane that are quite stuck to the feathers, and will need more work with moistening, and you can use bacitracin/vaseline to moisten too to "lube" up the membrane. But I would intervene.

I decided to to pull it out of the incubator and help him out.

He's completely out of the shell and I put him back in the incubator for him to dry out.

Thank you for your help!
I hope he turn out okay!

I decided to to pull it out of the incubator and help him out.

He's completely out of the shell and I put him back in the incubator for him to dry out.

Thank you for your help!
I hope he turn out okay!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom