Stupid question.

How is it an important thread like this has slipped under my radar for 3 days and I never even knew it was here?

This is one of those threads I should be involved with from the start!

Blooie sorry about stealing your answer, I posted mine before I read yours...

BUT now that you will read this,, what type of heating pad do I need to make one of your chicky igloos?

I am too lazy to try and find the answer where I should....

NorthFl... When I prepare a cat that lives as a vegetarian for sunday dinner, do I have to fix it differently than a regular cat? Does it affect the meat taste and quality?

Do I have to roast the cat longer?
Ha! You ain't getting by with not doing your homework! Here's the thread -
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/956958/mama-heating-pad-in-the-brooder-picture-heavy-update
and
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/yes-you-certainly-can-brood-chicks-outdoors

You said you were too lazy read it!
lau.gif
I'm too lazy to retype it all!
idunno.gif

I was out this morning once again checking my chicken's breasts, and still no nipples have developed. I'm afraid if they start hatching out chicks at some point they will all starve.
And as to Ralphie's posts, I understand heavy drinking in MN winters. That's about all there is to do, except maybe riding your nicely heated snow mobile. Are you familiar with snowshoe grog?
If you see Ollie and Lena, say hi for me!
Also feel free to stuff your cat with anything you want, it really doesn't matter, he'll be dead anyways.
Joe, it's just as well that your chickens don't have nipples. I hear that folks have lots of problems with frozen nipples this time of year. If not checked on a regular basis, it can lead to dehydration. The only thing worse than a frozen nipple, is freeze dried chicken. Take it from someone who knows all about that kind of thing. LG in the frozen far north, where all the men are good looking, all the women are strong, and all the children are above average.

Joe, it's just as well that your chickens don't have nipples. I hear that folks have lots of problems with frozen nipples this time of year. If not checked on a regular basis, it can lead to dehydration. The only thing worse than a frozen nipple, is freeze dried chicken. Take it from someone who knows all about that kind of thing. LG in the frozen far north, where all the men are good looking, all the women are strong, and all the children are above average.
I love Garrison Keillor!
Although I've never been to lake Woebegone, and I'd never want to have a frozen nipple.

Oh my gosh... I went to go copy the turkey lamp off of Ralphs page for my screen saver on my phone and I find this... Y'all are too funny!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh... I went to go copy the turkey lamp off of Ralphs page for my screen saver on my phone and I find this... Y'all are too funny!

That is not a turkey lamp!!

That is a very intelligent turkey hiding on Thanksgiving morning!

BTW the saying up here is , it's colder than a chicken's nipple"... or something like that..

I do know Ole and Lena but they are not very nice people........ Up here we try to avoid them every since the incidence.

BTW the saying up here is , it's colder than a chicken's nipple"... or something like that..

I do know Ole and Lena  but they are not very nice people........ Up here we try to avoid them every since the incidence.

1f602.png
1f602.png

I do know Ole and Lena but they are not very nice people........ Up here we try to avoid them every since the incidence.
Did you hear about Ollie, Lena, and Sven out on the snow mobile?

Oh, and have you ever been to Paul Bunyan land?

Last edited:

Well I was raised in Kansas...you know what they say about KS don't you? There's only 3 things to come out of Kansas...sunflowers, sunshine and sonsofb's (at least that's what Clint Eastwood claimed).

You know you're going to have to tell us about the "incidence". Inquiring minds want to know!

Well I was raised in Kansas...you know what they say about KS don't you? There's only 3 things to come out of Kansas...sunflowers, sunshine and sonsofb's (at least that's what Clint Eastwood claimed).

You know you're going to have to tell us about the "incidence". Inquiring minds want to know!
I've seen some of Ralphie's posts....I'm not that inquiring!!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom