Stupid Questions Thread

Ohhhh my, @Wishing4Wings those little animals are lovely. Did you make them? You have given me more ideas for hats, lol. Now all I need is for it to snow so that I have an excuse to make them, lol.

I did. I learned how to crochet just so I could make these. No mean feat either, as I am left handed and easily confused.

Google Amigurumi and you will be flooded with ideas for cute Chihuahua costumes.

I watch that section daily and it's only fairly recently that they have started not updating them for 2 or 3 days. When I once asked what was the time period involved for" most" of anything. I was told BYC doesn't handle that. It appears very random

I've noticed the same thing DD (about it not updating but about every other day). I've asked twice now but no answer from above.

Do you notice anything else? Like today I started with -49084 posts, I have just posted 5 more, it says 49085. I've noticed this daily but usually not such a big discrepancy

I have been told long ago, that it takes awhile for things to catch up, especially if you post several rapidly. There is nothing rapid about me. Now and then I don't have enough posts to show up in the totals, then 2-3 days later it will show large(for me) number of posts. I think they are so far behind processing - that sooner or later they catch up - maybe. It's perplexing when you hope for accurate counts.
rant.gif

Earlier today there was a lot of gibberish spam coming in at the same time I was trying to do something here. In talking to sumi about something, she mentioned the same problem and another member having issues too. Maybe all the clean up work/spam blocking activity was messing things up.

Do you notice anything else? Like today I started with -49084 posts, I have just posted 5 more, it says 49085. I've noticed this daily but usually not such a big discrepancy

I have been told long ago, that it takes awhile for things to catch up, especially if you post several rapidly. There is nothing rapid about me. Now and then I don't have enough posts to show up in the totals, then 2-3 days later it will show large(for me) number of posts. I think they are so far behind processing - that sooner or later they catch up - maybe. It's perplexing when you hope for accurate counts.
rant.gif
lol

with nearly 50K posts, I wouldn't think post count would matter as much to you?

very obvious, you are a VERY established member here.

my problem, is that I enjoy posting in the funny stuff forum more than the others, not to mention, I usually don't have much to add, when it comes to posting on the other informative forums.

That is me. I don't notice, don't pay attention. The younger kids want to get their post numbers up quickly for some reason, and I was so ashamed when I hit 1000. It was like I needed to find a life or something,
but slowly I realized that the people on here are my friends and that is a real life, so I am over my embarrassment of being a BYC addict.

lol

with nearly 50K posts, I wouldn't think post count would matter as much to you?

very obvious, you are a VERY established member here.

my problem, is that I enjoy posting in the funny stuff forum more than the others, not to mention, I usually don't have much to add, when it comes to posting on the other informative forums.

To me, the post count reflects the time spent contributing to BYC and the higher posts counts show a commitment to this place. There are many ways to contribute, enough different ways that there should be something for everyone to enjoy commenting on, whether that be playing games, answering questions about breeds and emergencies, or just chatting with people we've come to see as friends. It all goes toward a vibrant, active website. I'm always kind of surprised when I see someone that joined several years ago and they have very, very few posts. Do they only drop in when they need something? To me BYC is about give and take, it's about sharing. I commend members with high counts.

As for the unanswered posts (maybe this is a bit self-defensive here), I see @Michael OShay and @Drumstick diva here every day possible greeting new members and offering their assistance to them. They are also very busy on other forums, contributing their experience, knowledge and fun. Maybe it's time others stepped up to the plate and made answering "unanswered" members their mission. I purposely chose welcoming new members as my way of contributing.

I did that for a few years if there was something I knew.
Now I have decided I know so little I can only confuse people and send them in the wrong direction.

I try to answer the unanswered questions, sometimes I think I get it right, Michael Oshay is very good at all those post. And Drumstick Diva was my first welcome. Both doing great work.

Back
Top Bottom