Sub bullet points permanently bold?

Fluffy_Feathers

Songster
6 Years
Jul 6, 2017
Missouri
I'm editing an article I made, and I wanted to add some stuff to my existing information. I finally got everything formatted right, but when I updated it all my text on my sub bullet points went bold. When I tried to fix that I couldn't, I'd try to deselect bold but it wouldn't do it. I'm going to test it on this post to see if it does the same thing:
  • Main bullet
    • sub bullet
      • sub bullet
        • sub
          • sub
Alright so apparently there is something screwy with my article. I typed it all in Google Docs first, copied and pasted it into the article text box, and edited the text to make the formatting as close as possible to my docs. I guess maybe something happened there, but I don't understand why I can't unbold it?

Copy and paste test:
  • Main bullet
    • Sub
      • Sub
        • sub
Another copy and paste test, but with the main bullet boldened:
  • Main bullet
    • Sub
      • Sub
        • sub
Non copy and paste test with the main bullet boldened:
  • Main bullet
    • sub
      • sub
        • sub
Alright well that's annoying

I’ve struggled with bold type too. I think I finally figured out that you must deselect bold before you space after the word. If you space then deselect, it turns back on. Crazy…

I’ve struggled with bold type too. I think I finally figured out that you must deselect bold before you space after the word. If you space then deselect, it turns back on. Crazy…
Thanks for the tip! Now that you say that it makes sense I think; it's counting the space as an actual character, and when you add onto the character it continues the bold.

I went back to my article and fiddled around with it. I have to make a new bullet point before my bolded text under the main bullet, copy the bolded bullet after it, paste that onto the new bullet and voilà, everything until the next main bullet goes normal, I just have to delete what I just pasted. I don't know why that works, or if I did something with the spacing to fix it like you suggest or something? Strange. Why does this always have to be complicated, why are bullet points wonky on all typing programs and spaces:he

Thanks for the tip! Now that you say that it makes sense I think; it's counting the space as an actual character, and when you add onto the character it continues the bold.

I went back to my article and fiddled around with it. I have to make a new bullet point before my bolded text under the main bullet, copy the bolded bullet after it, paste that onto the new bullet and voilà, everything until the next main bullet goes normal, I just have to delete what I just pasted. I don't know why that works, or if I did something with the spacing to fix it like you suggest or something? Strange. Why does this always have to be complicated, why are bullet points wonky on all typing programs and spaces:he

Back
Top Bottom