submissive squat?????!!!!!!!

btruegs

Chirping
5 Years
May 1, 2014
Spokane WA
Hey Guys,

So 3 out of my five hens have recently started the "submissive squat." how long until they start laying? they are twenty weeks.

Thanks!

My Rocks were laying before the squat! Then Blackie started squatting for us and Bam! She goes broody!! Ooh and she got mean, too. Just before the broody. She pecked at everything and everybody!!

Changed her name to Biting Blackie. Then changed her name to Momma.

It won't be long for you now! Those are signs of maturity. They'll lay real soon, you'll see.
:yiipchick

I'd suspect laying within the next 3 weeks or so. I've had some birds start squatting just a couple days before laying (or even start laying, then start squatting), and others have taken a few more weeks after beginning to squat.

I hope they start laying for your soon! It's always exciting to get the first eggs!

Last edited:
My Rocks were laying before the squat! Then Blackie started squatting for us and Bam! She goes broody!! Ooh and she got mean, too. Just before the broody. She pecked at everything and everybody!!

Changed her name to Biting Blackie. Then changed her name to Momma.

It won't be long for you now! Those are signs of maturity. They'll lay real soon, you'll see.
yippiechickie.gif
Thank you! i've been waiting and so excited
big_smile.png

I'd suspect laying within the next 3 weeks or so. I've had some birds start squatting just a couple days before laying (or even start laying, then start squatting), and others have taken a few more weeks after beginning to squat.

I hope they start laying for your soon! It's always exciting to get the first eggs!
Wow. Thanks! the anticipation!

Back
Top Bottom