Success (or not) with predator deterrent lights?

That is true, if you trap it, you should kill it, not re-locate it..as it is hard on a critter to adjust to a new environment, and they oftentimes die anyway. It is actually illegal to do that with raccoons, at least in our State. Although, we've trapped raccoons, which are then badly scared, released them back on to our own property, and they've never bothered our chickens again. We haven't had to trap anything for a long time though....for above stated reasons. It is not that difficult to deter predators in most cases. Lots of people view them as "enemies" or "pests"...because they think they don't have the time, patience, energy or means to deal with wild animals any other way. it's springtime, and these animals have babies. How about showing a little mercy and compassion for everything involved.

Also, as it's been stated before...can we please keep to the original topic. Thank you.

Last edited:
Also, as it's been stated before...can we please keep to the original topic. Thank you.
:lol:Sticking to the topic is rare occurrence...
.....and dealing with predators is part of the topic.

But the 'predator eyes'...I don't buy it, literally, I would not spend my money on such a thing. Have seen several videos of predators caught on camera with those things flashing in the near background, one where it got into the run anyway and had breakfast when the automatic coop door opened at dawn. It might keep them at bay for a couple days, but they are smarter than that and soon figure out that it's nothing to be afraid of.
Kind of like those fake owls.
upload_2018-5-10_6-38-41.png

Back
Top Bottom