Succumb to the children at the auction

Carriage-Bldr

Hatching
5 Years
May 3, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Well they finally did it!
Our children got dear ole Dad to say yes. Which i must say was surprising, I thought I would not get into raising more animals!
We live on a farm in northern Alberta, Canada, we have horses, cows, cats and my wife recently found a love for st Bernard's.
Last Friday, we thought it would be fun for the kids to visit the odd and unusual sale at a local community in our area. More of a show and tell kind of outing... then the ducks came! I must say, it didn't surprise me at first, but on the way home I was beside myself; you see, I work away from home and when I return, my wife has a 'honey-do' list waiting for me. Whether it be building a cattle handling facility, or haying, or building dog runs, I seem to be always working.
But watching the birds go through the assembly line in all different kinds of wire crates and boxes, it gave me sense of nostalgia, reminding me of pictures of chickens, or images of drawings that I have seen along the way, now they made sense, because... this was actually my first experience at a bird sale as well!
We ended up leaving with three goose eggs, a duck and twenty chicks!!....oh, and a small chicken coop!
We stopped at the farm store on the way home, grabbed the essentials and left town.
Now, I want to build a larger coop, in doing so, I needed some ideas, which led me to you!
Stay tuned, I am sure I will need a hand or two...

Hello from Oregon!
welcome-byc.gif
If you look in the forum index you'll see a huge section on coops and also one on What Are You Building? .... you will find a TON of ideas there for sure!! Best of luck with your renewed venture into chickens!!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, sometimes these places are big enablers to the chicken world!

Enjoy your new flock and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
Hello from Oregon! :welcome  If you look in the forum index you'll see a huge section on coops and also one on What Are You Building? .... you will find a TON of ideas there for sure!! Best of luck with your renewed venture into chickens!! :jumpy :yiipchick

Thanks for the info, there are some great structures here!!

Back
Top Bottom