Sudden illness

Even in the "healthy" pic from a month ago her wings look a little droopy. That plus being very skinny suggests your flock has been sick with something like Marek's for awhile. That being said I've never heard of Marek's causing lockjaw. If you do get a necropsy done please let us know what you find out.
Dang! That’s rough to hear.. everyone else so far is good. As for her wing position, even as a young pullet she held her wings like a seabright so I assumed it was normal Pesto weirdness.

Sorry for your loss. Small blessing that it was peaceful.
If you're considering getting a necropsy done you should refrigerate the body in a sealed plastic bag.

She lays eggs though and she doesn’t crow either. We feed Layena crumbles in the bantam coop which is where Pesto lives. No glue traps in the coops, however after the coop cat passed away in August there has been a mouse problem in the coop.
You can find a sprayer jug of peppermint oil to repel mice and rats just have to reapply after rain. I use it to go around the outside and inside with great results!

Back
Top Bottom