Sudden respiratory issue in flock

They are moved into the run, and even though they have a high roost, they decided to all sleep huddled close on the ground. We nailed one of the walls from the coop before it was destroyed to the run so they have one wall up with the roost and nesting boxes behind it. I tried putting them on the roost but they preferred the ground, hopefully they catch on to the roost again lol. After putting them in there and adding Vetrx to their water when I change it once or twice a day they foraged in the new run and had no breathing problems except the rooster sneezing a lot. Seemed alert and active. However a couple hours ago when I checked on them and they were sleeping, a lot of them kept breathing congested. It seems mornings they're congested and seem less active and also at night but afternoon they're pretty much normal. Hoping the new run helps as I am already away from them for the week.

They will start roosting when they are more comfortable being back in that area. Give them a few days.
It's good that they seem more alert and active, hopefully this will resolve in a few days. If he rooster continues with symptoms, I would try Tylan to see if that makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom